We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
117 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

We are looking to stay at the house adjacent to Retiro Maya, but there is only one review on VRBO. Has anyone stayed there or know someone who has? I am not worried as I walked down to see it while at Amansala last month, but they are a little hesitant. The couple coming with us have not been to Tulum and have typical worries about going somewhere out of the safety of an all inclusive compound, but I refuse to go back to one after experiencing the magic of Tulum. Any help would be greatly apppreciated

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

I look at it every now and then...online. There was someone who stayed there a while ago and asked them about it, from what I remember, the bedrooms are more or less toward the back of the house and lacking a breeze. That would be my biggest concern since we always travel in the summer.

I understand what you mean about not being locked up in an AI compound ever again!!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

I have not had a chance to see the insides of that house. It's a great bit of beach (as you know), but I don't know the particulars, sorry.

Just two couples going? Have you looked at other houses, or are you set on this one?

Please share with your friends our shared conviction that there is no going back once you've experienced the wonder of Tulum!

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
117 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

I totally understand about the rooms being at the rear of the house, but they have ceiling fans so it may not be too bad. We are going the first week of May so I think we will be ok with the heat as I have been in June without a fan and survived :)

I think it is just the guy who has concerns. They know I would never take them anywhere I felt was unsafe, but they have never ventured off the beaten path like I tend to do while on vacation.

I did look into other houses, but the location is amazing and the price was right $1499 for the week. If you have other suggestions we would greatly appreciate it since our deposit is refundable up to 30 days out.

We just want a beachfront that is along Tulum beach so that we can walk up and down the beach to restaurants and bars. It must have 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. We don't want to be way down at Sian Ka'an or up at Soliman or Tankah even though there are beautiful homes on those beaches.

Thanks!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

I think you've made a great choice, and the price really can't be beat. $200+/night for a house? That's really great. Please take lots of pictures and let us know how it goes!

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
117 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

Thanks! I will for sure. I have decided that my husband and I are going and we don't care who goes with us!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

noconalove do you have any info regarding your stay at Retiro Maya's beach house?

Looking at possibly renting. Could sure use some more info.

Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

Yes, I would love to hear how it went as well!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

I happened on this page while looking for some other info about Tulum. I don't know about Retiro Maya, but my cousin owns two homes about 5 miles north of Tulum and rents them out. If you are interested in them let me know. We have been to that area about 15 times in the last 12 years, so we know the area well and LOVE it. I'm happy to answer any questions.

9. Re: Has anyone stayed at the beach house at Retiro Maya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:16