We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Bday Celebration Night

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
40th Bday Celebration Night

Hi all

We are staying in Xpu-ha. We plan on doing Salsa at La Zebra Sunday night.

Looking for something super special for dinner one night to celebrate my 40th bday.

Special being the operative word. We have done dining on the beach before....but any other thoughts, restaurants, ideas?

We are foodies and will pay for it.

Thanks.

Kim

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Look at the restaurant at Encantada. It's a beautiful setting. Great food.

If you want to make a drive to Valladolid, my absolute fave meal has been at Taberna de los Frailes. Indigenous food with a bit of Asian influence here and there. It's located behind the Convent San Bernadino which is a wonderful place to explore.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Do you mean you want the dinner to happen on the same night you're going to do the salsa party at La Zebra? Do you want the special meal to be on the beach, or are you OK with the jungle side of the road? Do you want the restaurant to set you up in a special spot, or are you OK in the restaurant?

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Sorry. I was mentioning la zebra in event someone suggested it.

We are open to beach or jungle. We do not have to be on beach with tiki torches as we have done before. If food and ambience is amazing we are good.

Thanks!!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

If you're going in high season, Hechizo is consistently rated as a great special-event experience. 5 star cuisine, white tablecloths (but no need for high heels or neckties), great personal service from the chef-owner and his wife, the pastry chef. I haven't been in a few years, but friends went in May and said it was just as fabulous as ever. Hechizo is on the beach but doesn't have a full-on beach view, if that matters.

Ahau has been serving really excellent food, a few of my best meals last trip were there. Very cool beachfront dining, you can even choose a table down on the sand. I just posted a review of the hotel and put some food pics up.

Zamas is also consistently terrific, better and better over the past two years, and they often have excellent live music, all with a great view of the ocean.

The restaurant at Cabanas La Luna, Las Estrellas, is also great and has a lovely setting up on the dune.

And the restaurant at the Villa Las Estrellas (different from the above) is also great, has terrific service and a beautiful setting.

(I'm skipping around a bit in locations, you'll want to get a map to see things laid out)

On the jungle side of the road, I had a great meal at Simple two weeks ago. I've had good food and drinks at Hartwood, but they're waaay too trendy and packed (waiting an hour for a table in Tulum is just over the top), and they're causing traffic on the beach road so it's just been bugging me. There's a new place going in right near Hartwood, just to the north of it, that looks really lovely. I think it'll be soft-opening in September, more of a tapas kind of place I think I heard. Might be fun to try a new place?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Here's a good up to date map to help out on your 40th foodie adventure:

http://www.alltulumhotels.com/

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Thank you. hechizo is closed. I contacted them. We are going next month.

Ill check the rest.

Thanks so much

Nebraska
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

Not sure when in September you are going.

We are heading down Sept 18-25 and so wanted to try out the BBQ night at La Luna. But, I received a message from La Luna that they will be closed for construction from Sept 15-30th. : (

Happy 40th young pup!!

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

sep 7 sep 14

ill leave you some sun and tequila!!!

Thanks@

Kim

9. Re: 40th Bday Celebration Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:17