We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

We are going to Tulum in February for 3 nites before we have to meet a large group of people in Cancun (unfortunately I wish it was somewhere other than Cancun). We usually travel to Playa del Carmen, but have never been to Tulum. We don't need to be entertained and usually spend our days in the sun reading books and relaxing. I am looking into two different hotels: La Zebra and Nueva Vida de Ramiro. Does anyone recommend one over the other? Any good restaurant recommendations also??

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Both hotels are really good. It might come down to what particular rooms you are looking at each hotel.

NV includes a small breakfast if that helps. I don't think LaZ does.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

It depends on the room at La Zebra. We were in the Balcony Suite and they brought us coffee and juice in a little basket outside the door in the morning, but no breakfast. I think the top three rooms might get this service but not the others.

La Zebra has the best beach towels I have ever seen, really large and deep pink and kind of a waffle texture, more like a piece of fabric than a real towel. Not really a reason to choose a hotel, but I loved those towels.

As Pepper said, your decision would depend (IMO) on which rooms exactly you're considering at each hotel as the rooms differ greatly.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,768 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

We looked closely at both places and chose Nueva Vida (twice). LZ is fine, but a bit most costly, and we felt that NV gave better bang for the buck. It's also a little less traffic'ed, since the restaruant at LZ is rather popular (quite nice - we ate there several times).

My fav. rooms at NV were Viento del Mar, and the Casa Mexicana suite.

mpls
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

check out Mezzanine. I've been there every year for the last 5 years- and I love it!

5. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21