We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum beach camping

Domzale, Slovenia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum beach camping

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has tried/knows if it is possible/safe to pitch a tent on a beach south of ruins (up to 12 km south).

We have all the gear and would love a night on a beach, just do not know if it is allowed and if it is safe.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks!

Lenart

Iowa City, Iowa...
Level Contributor
8 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tulum beach camping

any links to this Santa Fe place? Google only brings up Santa Fe, New Mexico

Domzale, Slovenia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tulum beach camping

Luke, I dont think they have internet page... However they are located precisely here:

https://maps.google.com/maps…

You just appear there, pay the fee and put up a tent or hammocks.

However it is good to have a stock of food from the town with you - the taxis are not very cheap and food options are scarce (and expensive).

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tulum beach camping

There is also a camp ground south of the Sian Kaan arch about 1 or 2 KM or so (shortly after you pass the property with the "green fence"). I don't have any idea what they charge, but they list camping and a restaurant on their entrance sign. We walked up to the campground from our house (via the beach) and there were several (but not many) people with tents set up. Looked like a beautiful stretch of beach - very shallow water, wide beach and lots of palms. Sorry, I don't know the name.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
129 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tulum beach camping

Getting great reviews so far is Turquesa Tulum located on the beach road (Hwy 109). You can rent one of their tents complete with King bed for $40 or pitch your own tent for $15. Fairly new as of March 2014, the restaurant, location, and owners have been getting good reviews; and I have a reservation for May 2014.

As of this date, Trip Advisor has the location icon on the map incorrect, showing it in Tulum Puebla but it is actually out on the beach road about 10-15 minutes from the center of Tulum the town. All reports I have been given is that it is quite safe to drive or take a taxi. From the main coastal highway 307 that runs right thru the middle of Tulum turn east toward the beach onto 109 and travel to marker km8.2. (Official address they list: Careterra Tulum Boca Paila km8.2, Tulum, 77780) phone +52 198 41280 352

Aylmer, Québec
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tulum beach camping

We reserved there also, beginning of may. Looks great from the reviews!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Tulum beach camping

the one called UNO next to Ahau is not a campround, it is an intentional community, people lives there and it is not to camp. Cenote Encantado is closed right now.

. thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tulum beach camping

After reading some of the shortages of camping grounds in the Tulum area , I feel Quite inspired to create

one , based on canadien style of camping out. Looks like there is not much competition in the camping

industry , well Tulum I'm on my way. I'm gonna make the best camping site for travelers in the area.

email cveitch @cogeco.ca.

Domzale, Slovenia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Tulum beach camping

That would be a nice change in Tulum... Thumbs up...

29. Re: Tulum beach camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:15