We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather?

boston
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather?

Arriving on 19th. Weather forecast shows rain everyday?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather?

Everyday. All year around. The online forecasts show rain. Reality is often that it rains an hour or two each day sometimes at night.

Lancaster, South...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather?

For anyone currently visiting the area or who has just returned in the past few days, how's the temperature in the evenings feel? I see the highs have been and are predicted to be in the mid to upper 60s. Are you comfortable in shorts and dresses with a sweater or should we bring pants?

The hour by hour forecast on the weather channel app shows not actually getting down to the 60s until after midnight but I know that's not always accurate.

We arrive this Wednesday, December 18 and trying to plan how to pack appropriately. Rain we can deal with, chilly temps is another story!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather?

This time of year I often bring a light long-sleeved shirt and light pants (rayon or nylon). Since from up here in the cold north I would be traveling in jeans and a jacket, I'm covered if it actually gets chilly, but only rarely has it ever been cold enough for me to bother putting them on. The light pants I have worn a handful of times in the winter evenings. I also bring a pair of light sleep socks in case it gets chilly in the room, but that's also a rare need.

So yes, it may get a little chilly at night, but I wouldn't bother packing a whole secondary wardrobe. You'll still be in shorts and dresses most of the time.

Lancaster, South...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather?

Thank you so much beachreader for the response on the evening weather. That helps a lot!

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather?

Never felt chilly outdoors, day or night, just got back yesterday. Mrs had thought it would 'feel' colder, brought some long sleeves and then never wore them!

A light windbreaker type jacket with a hood, just to have during a shower was very useful.

boston
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the weather?

Was there a lot of rain while you were there?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,563 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the weather?

We just arrived in Tulum a couple hours ago. Siting at a beach bar in capris and a sweatshirt and I'm cold. It's cloudy and breezy. Doubt the temp is much over 70F

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the weather?

This year we were in Tulum last week of Feb/first week of March. It was perfectly warm during the day but several nights it went down to 13-14 degrees celcius/55 fahrenheit and was definitely not prepared. Will definitely bring more sweaters, long sleeves.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's the weather?

We are here now. Day 1 was hot and no jacket needed in the evening. Yesterday was cool, cloudy and rained lightly off and on all day. Light jacket was nice to have both day and evening. Today...we'll see. :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,846 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How's the weather?

There has been a few nortes (cold north front)

Brings cooler temps, some unsettled weather

Cancun, Isla, and Coz are affected by these much more