We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal for family vacation

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st paul
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal for family vacation

I'm traveling with three kids and we've done the Cancun thing a few times. I would like to stay in Akumal, but I'm wondering if there is enough to do for a week and what hotels are family friendly? Some of the hotels that show up in the family category, when I read the reviews, sound like they are adult only? Looking for thoughts/insight on Akumal for a week in March w/ kids 16, 11 & 5-hotels and activities. Thanks!!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal for family vacation

Are you looking for AI, non-AI or condo?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal for family vacation

1st, best to post in the Akumal forum (and read the Top Question sections)

Akumal has many small family friendly resorts (Akumal Beach resort, Oasis Tulum)

Medium resorts (Dreams Tulum, Grand Sirenis)

Large mega resorts (Palladium & Bahia)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal for family vacation

Lots for a family to do in the area: Xel-Ha, Tulum and Coba ruins, Hidden Worlds and Indiana Joes Cenote/Zip Parks, many cenotes, not to mention the snorkeling and swimming at Akumal, Tulum and Yal-Ku.

st paul
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal for family vacation

no preference, i just want it to be family friendly

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal for family vacation

Maybe look at a condo in Half Moon Bay, Locogringo has some very nice ones listed.. My friends stayed at Lol Kanab in May and I've always liked the look of Playa Caribe condos (they have a reverse osmosis water filtration system). I personally like Hotel Akumal Caribe but rooms would be too small for four people.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Akumal for family vacation

For things to do, this is from the Akumalk Forum (Top Questions) - so many things to do

tripadvisor.ca/…35585095

7. Re: Akumal for family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:19