We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

boson, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

Hello All, I am very flexible on budget as want to completely recharge. Looking to travel either 2nd week in November of 2nd week in December. I enjoy good food and a comfortable bed & prefer a warm shower (but am flexible on the water temperature). Don't need air conditioning or high thread count sheets!! Enjoy boutique / quirky places not big hotels. Travelling on my own - looking to see as few people on the beach as possible but also want to stay somewhere that may have a restaurant/bar so I don't feel completely isolated. (Not looking for high end restaurant just tasty grub!) Most importantly only want to hear the ocean not cars/the road and/or loud conversations. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,746 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

2nd week of Nov should still be low season and there will be less people on the beach in Tulum. 2nd week of Dec, prices might be higher and more people traveling to the area.

The most remote of the Tulum hotels is Casa de las Olas - the last hotel on the south end of the beach. Nearest restaurant is Hechizo. But it sounds like you may not want to stay this far away although it is remote.

Look at Encantada. It's in a quiet area. Small. Nice restaurant on site.

Maybe Suenos.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

The further south you go, the quieter it gets. If the hotel has neighbors you will want to inquire from the staff if there are any weddings, etc planned during your stay. The music can be quite loud. I'm a fan of the bungalows at Nueva Vida de Ramiro but my first choice would be Suenos if they have availability.

Maryland
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

I recommend Las Ranitas. It is one of the last hotels on the beach road. Georgious beach , nice restaurant. We found it to be very quiet and relaxing. Only sounds that you hear at night is the ocean. Great security. I would feel totally comfortable staying there alone.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

I would also ask the hotel if they ever play music on the beach themselves. When I stayed near Las Ranitas a couple of years ago (summer), they had these "beach parties" with a DJ playing groovy house beats (with some thump-thump) all afternoon on the weekends. I personally found that really annoying, even though it wasn't super loud--and of course they may have well changed away from this concept, so I'm not slamming on Ranitas, it's a very nice place. So if my hotel were going to be playing music audible from the beach, I'd want to know it. I prefer hearing nothing but the wind and sea when I'm on the beach. Loud talkers and smokers are harder to avoid LOL.

Anyway, to the original poster, there are so many choices that fit your criteria. Have you already done some research? Nueva Vida de Ramiro sounds like a good choice for you, the beach is so wide it's never crowded unless there's a party or something unusual like that. But Cabanas la Luna is always a favorite, and Ahau is also great. Encantada, Villa Las Estrellas, so many beautiful places, all with good food, good vibes, comfortable beds and good showers.

DC
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

Where ever you decide to stay, if you only want to hear the waves at night be sure to get an ocean-front room. We stayed at Hip Hotel recently in a room very close to the water and that's all we heard. But looking around the property (and many others along the beach road) led me to believe that anything close to the road would be noisy and many of the so-called "garden view" rooms actually overlooked road or parking lot.

I think it's really worth it to spend the extra money to get an ocean-front room.

alberta
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

Have a look at ana y hose lovely place.

South London
Level Contributor
4 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

We stayed in Suenos last December and I think that would be perfect for you. Its very quiet and all you can hear are the crashing waves.

boson, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

thanks all - looking seriously at Suenos and la luna as possible final choices....

can't wait!

judy

MA
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

Those are the two I was thinking of for you, in that order! Great artistic touches and vibe in both, quieter down by Sueños.

10. Re: the most quiet and secluded tulum beach accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19