We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

Can someone tell me what car rental companies are located at or within walking distance from the Cancun Airport currently? We used to always rent with Executive which was right there across the street, but know they are gone now. I know Hertz is right there, but who else?

thanks!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,563 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

I found this listing. But some of these are off airport property although listed at the airport location. We have used companies off airport property and they meet you and shuttle you to their office. Not a big deal.

http://cancunmap.com/cancun-car-rental.html

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

I agree with Pepper. We use Cancunrentacar and EasyWay. Both pick you up right as you exit the terminal and it's like 5 minute drive to their offices. They do the reverse when you return.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

Thanks. I just need a quick turnaround as we're driving to xcalak and need to be there before dark.

Again, I know Hertz is right there, but what other companies? National? Is someone in the old Executive location next to Hertz? I'm not really looking for reviews here, just info at the moment. Appreciate if anyone knows!

USA
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

cancunairportcarrental.net/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

That works. Thanks!

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

HI All, this may seem like a silly question to some of you.... and to others like me, well.... I honestly have never rented a car in Mexico.

The web site above leads me to believe that I can reserve a car in advance at one of the car rental places I choose? Is that correct?

My worry is that a compact or economy car wont be available when we arrive due to spring break and they will tell me I have to rent a larger car.

My flight does not arrive untill 4ish and we are heading out to Tulum. Will we be ok driving in the dark?

Someone suggested using "easyway" but I dont recall seeing that one at the link above.

I have read my information and am ready to inspect the car, get insurance and be careful at gas stations. But I still have these questions above. (please help settle my worries)

TIA

Sunseeeker

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

Sunseeker , it seems to me that there can be a problem with larger or fancier cars not being available but never any worries with the cheapest and smallest cars . We were given a sligtly larger car , once , with no price increase through Americacarrental . You will be fine driving at dusk or dark on modern divided four lane highway if it is dark .

Getting straight and complete insurance information for comparison is the hard part from some providers .

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

We rented from Econo car Rental February 2014. They were excellent and the best priced. However we did rent a small car but they also gave us an automatic at no extra charge and a free GPS. Full insurance and 0 deductible. (no tire or glass insurance though)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

When I rented from an airport-based company years ago (Thrifty, I think), I checked in at the desk in the airport but still had to be driven out to the lot as they don't have sidewalks or anything, and still had to wait out there for paperwork and on and on.

10. Re: Which Car Rental companies located at Cancun Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19