We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room suggestion for 2 nights

usa
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Room suggestion for 2 nights

I'm going to be going to Mexico may 11-15 as a solo female. I already booked 2 nights at Coco Tulum for the first 2 nights & was able to get a beach front room. Any suggestions on where to book for my last 2 nights? Needs to be in budget of $120 or under, walkable to food or stores. I looked at Tita tulum, OM, NVR, or Pico beach (air b&b) next to akiin beach club. I read that Tulum's oceans are not as calm to wade around in, I'm not a swimmer. Any other areas I could stay in with calm water for snorkeling and wading around?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room suggestion for 2 nights

Calmness of the water comes and goes - throughout the day even, unpredictable.

Also see if Casa Tanga Manga has anything. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1268269

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room suggestion for 2 nights

So I'm assuming that Coco doesn't have anything for your last two nights?

Are you bold enough to wait til you're there to make a decision? I mean, Tulum does sometimes have rough water, but not always, and if you like Coco, you might decide you could handle a non-beachfront for two nights.

But what I'm thinking is that you could wait until you're there and just walk the beach for an hour or so one afternoon and find another place. I know it's risky, but kind of fun as well. Am assuming that all of the places you listed above were booked up already? May has been getting more and more popular, so I'm not surprised if that's the case.

The north beach area is somewhat more protected by the reef, so if you're looking for a different experience but want to stay in Tulum, you could check out places on the north beach. Playa Esperanza is kind of cool and not far from your budget if available.

Or you could pitch it all for a trip north to Akumal, where the water is calmer and more snorkle-friendly. I don't know good places for a single up there, but you can check the Akumal forum for more help.

But I'd stay in Tulum if at all possible.

3. Re: Room suggestion for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16