We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Tipping

We'll be renting Casa Chic in June. What is customary for tipping the daily housekeeper?

We'll probably also get a chef for some of the days there. What is customary for tipping a chef?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping

I think $10/day is good for a house the size of Casa Chic. Maybe $15/day....depending on how thorough the cleaning is everyday.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping

Thanks for the housekeeper tipping guide. Anyone have experience with tipping chef's?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping

Our family including brothers family rented Casa Chic this past March for a week.

We tipped Freddy and his helper $25-35 per bedroom for the week. Also, we tipped him extra for gathering and opening coconuts during the week and starting the fire for the grill several times. Also, we had a simply vow renewal ceremony on the beach in late afternoon and Freddy came and cleaned again before everyone arrived. Gave him and his helper a very nice tip for this.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping

I think we tipped on a per-person basis. I just kind of rounded up a lot, figured a couple of dollars per day per person, we had seven people in four bedrooms so I think we ended up around $100 for the housekeeping, maybe rounded up a bit more.

I know you're looking for the chef tip, I hope someone else will chime in.

5. Re: Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:15