We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

We're renting Casa Chic in June. The Casa is located at the far south end of the beach. We'll have a 10 and 12 yr old with us. What recommendations can you make for nice restaurants along the beach within walking distance with the two young ones? We already know about Hechizo which is right next to Casa Chic. What about cool bars within walking distance on the beach for the adults?

Mentioned in this post
Hechizo
Hechizo
204 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Mulberry Project Pop-Up
£, Seafood, Mexican, Bar
Taqueria Honorio
£, Mexican, Fast food, Central American
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

Rosa del Viento will be the next restaurant to the north. Then Be Tulum, Dos Ceibas, Las Ranitas, Encantada.

Take a look at this map: http://www.alltulumhotels.com/

My youngest son is 10 - most places can usually put together a quesadilla for him. I think at Encantada, he had a chicken dish of some sort - was too much for him; maybe your kids can split some meals.

Mentioned in this post
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
815 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Encantada Tulum
Encantada Tulum
497 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

All good recommendations Pepper but I know The Be Tulum hotel is only adults and I´m guessing their restaurant and beach club are only adults too...??

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

I thought kids could dine at Be Tulum. It may have changed to all adults only (as the hotel is), but in the past kids were allowed in the restaurant. Might be best to double check.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Nebraska
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

To add to Peppers information.

Rosa del Viento menu has a large selection of options. When we stopped for a cocktail this past March several families with children hanging and dining.

Om or La onda have wonderful pizzas as well and just a short drive from Casa Chic.

Our family just returned in March from a week at Casa Chic. The house has a wonderful kitchen with everything we needed to cook meals daily. Freddy will be more than happy to start the fire for the grill. Fabulous fruit wood to boot. The grilled chicken and pork was yummy!!

Mentioned in this post
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
815 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
La Onda
La Onda
341 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

Hi neighbor, (we live in Appleton), can't answer your question as it will be our first time in Tulum beginning June 8 for two weeks. But we have 13 & 14 year old girls, maybe we'll take a walk on the beach and see your family there...

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
408 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

Scott, we will be at La Luna from June 13-22 with our almost 12-year-old son. Let me know if you have boys in that age range and maybe they could hang out.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

Here are a couple restaurants likely not too far from you - both across from beach

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g150813-d36…

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g150813-d58…

Edited: 29 April 2014, 05:35
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations on the south end?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:15