We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massage, hair and nails for wedding

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
massage, hair and nails for wedding

Any recommendations for massage, hair and manicure for wedding in Tulum? Looked at the Maya Clay, but too expensive. Looking for services that are nice and priced well. Also, with all the talk about no hair dryers, I'm concerned about operating my husband's cpac machine which he really needs. I mentioned in our reservations that we had to have AC in the room, but now I'm really concerned. We are staying at NVR.

Thanks for any advice

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

Try Nora Grey. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k6070…

I'm not aware of NV having a/c in any of their rooms. Some rooms do not have elec outlets.

Maybe you need to find a different place to stay. Ahau has a/c in some rooms. La Luna in their garden rooms. A new place called My Way has a/c. The Beach and Cabanas Tulum have a/c.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

Most of the hotels with a/c only have it on the overnight, but I think CPAPs don't take much power. Los Lirios has 24/7 a/c and I think even allow hairdryers because they have an enormous (obnoxious, horrible) generator.

But as Pepper said, no a/c at Nueva Vida. The do have electricity 24/7, so if your room has outlets (and many of them do now I think), the CPAP should be OK.

And yes, Norah Gray in the pueblo is the one place I've heard most often recommended. They may even come out to the hotel, but won't be able to use hairdryers on site at NVR.

If the wedding is at the beach, bear in mind that any style will be quickly blown out by the wind, so I hope you're not planning on anything too "styled".

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

I fumbled by words- I meant a/c as in alternating current electric power- not air conditioning. Know that NV doesn't have air conditioning; just worried about his cpap machine. As to the hair, nail and massage bit, was looking to do something out of the norm for myself if good deals were to be had- otherwise perfectly presentable with shaggy tresses. Thanks - I'll make sure again that there's electricity in the rooms we've booked.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

All of their rooms have electricity, just not all of them (at least, last I knew) have outlets. What's the power draw of a cpap? Is it like recharging a camera, or like running a hairdryer? That's important to know and I can't help you, but the former is OK, the latter not so much. If you're staying in the Zona Corazon, I think they do have outlets. I'll check with a friend who knows all of the rooms there.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

OK, NVR expert friend says that she thinks all of the rooms now have outlets, certainly the Corazon rooms. Neither of us can help you with the cpap requirement, but hopefully someone who knows how much power they require can help.

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

Hola,

if you have booked with NVR just reach out to them with all your concerns, they should be able to answer all your questions and tell you exactly what you need prior to arrival. Each Hotels works with different service providers, so I am pretty sure they can help you with your hairdresser and make up request. Otherwise let us know and we help you

The Beach Tulum & Cabañas Tulum :)

British Columbia
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

Hi Beach Reader.

How does one contact Norah Gray for a Manicure/Pedicure

Thank you

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

A friend of ours had to buy a battery for his cpap in order to use it at OM. Don't know what might be different between there and NVR, but he did say he required the battery. Maybe it has to do with the amount of watts the machine pulls or something - same reason you can't use hairdryers or curling irons.it might be worth it to check with the manufacturer and then call NVR yo find out the max watts their rooms support.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

Maybe this site will help you...http://www.rpc.com.au/information/faq/power-consumption/miscellaneous.html

British Columbia
Level Contributor
74 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: massage, hair and nails for wedding

ok I did some searching and found a Facebook page, seemed to be the correct person so I messaged her there. Thank you