We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three tulums?

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
three tulums?

hi, me and my girlfriend are going to tulum in june for two weeks. but I've only just realised there is three tulums? (according to wiki travel) we'd love to stay somewhere beside the beach with good restaurants but just dont know which part would be best to stay in?

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: three tulums?

OK there are the ruins, the pueblo and the beach area hotel zone, the latter is what you want. I prefer the more southern end of the beach for less rocks and nice white beach with lots of sand.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: three tulums?

Take a look at the maps on sac-be.com and alltulumhotels.com.

Lots of price points and varying amenities. Let us know what you are looking for so we can help.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: three tulums?

cool! just looking for a nice hotel or villa beside the beach. also restaurant advice would be great. Thanks.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
233 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: three tulums?

My research tells me the best food is in the pueblo. Everything along the beach is average and overpriced.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: three tulums?

Still - lots of great hotels and villas. No clue if this is for 2 ppl or a family. Need budget info. Start by cruising through Different World and Licogringo for villas and hotels so you can get familiar with the selection.

There is great food along the beach. It would be unfair to say otherwise. But it does come with a price attached.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: three tulums?

That would be Locogringo.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: three tulums?

Amazing food on the beach and hey, it's ON the beach! That's the whole reason I go to Tulum, the amazing beach. Can't beat eating with your toes in the sand. :-). Also, great food on the jungle side (great ambience ) and the pueblo (cheaper prices). I suggest you try all 3. :-)

8. Re: three tulums?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16