We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

We are going to Tulum in early June and I'm trying to pick a hotel. We absolutely love the vibe of Hotel Jashita, however, we will not be renting a car & we're a little concerned that it's too far away from Tulum. We like to try different restaurants on vacation & I'm unclear on how many there are around HJ.

If not HJ, where would you recommend?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

There are only 2 restaurants in Soliman Bay - one at Jashita and the other on the south end called Chamico's (which has a very limited menu).

There are probably some good maps on sac-be.com so you can see how far away Soliman Bay is from Tulum.

If you like Jashita, you will probably like Encantada, Ahau or Villas Las Estrellas in Tulum.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Wow! Only 2 restaurants....... So glad you commented! I am going to check out the 3 places you suggested. Thank you!

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Yes Soliman Bay is lovely but not a good place to stay without a car. You are probably better off in Tulum at one of the places pepper recommended. She knows Tulum very well.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Hi Pepper--

Encantada & Ahau are booked for our dates (7/7 - 7/11). Eeeek! I'm checking on Estrellas but was wondering if you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah B

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Dang!!

How about Rosa del Viento? Las Ranitas? Nueva Vida's Corazon rooms?

Maybe a small house Casita Bonita.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,885 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Chamico's is a local family who cooks on the beach

Very unique which I try to visit every trip but not what I would call a restaurant

Tankah Bay (just south of Soliman Bay) has two great restaurants - Casa Cenote and Blue Sky

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Thank you for all your help!

I just made a reservation at Nueva Vida in the Pasión Corazón Suite (gerat suggestion, Pepper!!)

Can not wait!!!!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Oh! That's great to hear NV had something available. Enjoy!!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

Hi Again!

Just saw the Traveler's Choice Awards for Tulum and was wondering your thoughts on Cabanas La Luna (specifically the jungle penthouse, only thing available) or The Beach? They both look nice...... Do you think either of those would be better than NV? $ isn't really an issue. Just want the best experience possible! Thanks!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Hotel Jashita too far away from Tulum?

While I really like La Luna, I think you would prefer The Beach. At The Beach, your room would be ocean facing and you'd get a nice breeze.

The Jungle Penthouse is a neat room and I really like the bathroom, but it's entrance is around the Garden Suite and up quite a few stairs and the main bedroom faces the jungle with no ocean breeze (this bedroom is gorgeous, though).