We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

NC
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

anywhere out on the beach? I know the best places are of course in the pueblo. but does anyone have them out this way

cheers

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,860 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

I heard there was a guy making tacos in front of Parayso; not sure if he is there or what his menu is.

I asked my husband and son - the meat eaters - and they couldn't think of a place with true al pastor tacos along the beach.

NC
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

we'll just hit pueblo today for lunch. no worries. we re in there pretty much daily

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Yes! The guy in front of the hotel Parayso makes al pastor and about 8 different kinds of other tacos, and they're only like 20-30 each. Not pueblo prices (which would be that for three), but less than half what you'd pay elsewhere on the beach road, and they're really good.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Is that La Eufemia? The one close to NVR? I am so excited to try that place in a few weeks. :-)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Yes, Eufemia, the one with the unmentionable sign out front encouraging to "relax and eat some ****ing tacos". :-)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Oh, and if anyone goes soon, can they please check and see if there are any vegetarian tacos there? My next trip I'm traveling with a vegetariana, though she may be OK with shrimp and I know they have those.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

If you look them up here on TA, there is a picture of the taco stand and the sign shows the types they have. Looks like they have a veggie option. I will be sure to check it out in a few weeks. :-)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Thanks, Mocha!

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

in town we loved el rincon yummy , and good veggie too . low prices & fresh food , mmmmm too good . opposite is antojitos la chapaneca which came close second and their chilli salsa thing blew my wig off lol !!

heres el rincons menu , and also pics of veggie and meat dishes . mmmm

…wordpress.com/2013/04/10/tulum-mexico-day-1… .

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tacos al pastor...on the beach road?

Had a veggie and a fish taco at La Eufemia while watching a World Cup game. Both were good and it's a great little spot on the beach. Also had a pretty good margarita. My husband had the poc chuc and he wasn't that impressed.