We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coba & Tulum transportation

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Coba & Tulum transportation

Hi all!

I'm planning vacations for next month, but I realized that most of the tours are not available on Sundays. So, I have to plan a tour by myself.

Question #1

I would like to go to Coba, but the last ADO bus back to Tulum is at 15:00, I was wondering if there is taxi service and what will be the cost to Tulum. (If I want to return earlier)

Question #2

Assuming is 1 hr from Coba - Tulum, I'll be in Tulum at 16:00 I think arquelogical Tulum's ruins close early, so I won't be able to visit that place. Which place do you recomend visit after 16:00 nearby Tulum in Sunday?

Thanks for your help :D

Mystic Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Xtour
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,355 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coba & Tulum transportation

In Tulum, you can take a taxi to the beach road and hang out there - long stretch of beautiful beach, small hotels all along the road, most with restaurants and bars, many right on the beach - have some food, some drinks, walk on the beach, play in the water...

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coba & Tulum transportation

There will be cabs outside the Coba Ruins and the price should be about 400 pesos to Tulum (on the assumption based that my Tulum taxi prices have Tulum to Coba at 390 pesos)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coba & Tulum transportation

Where are you staying? You can rent a car yourself for like $40-$50/day including all the insurances. You can hit Tulum ruins first thing in the am, like 8:00 (get there that early and you may find a parking space under a tree for shade). You'll be done there by 9:30-10, and you can head straight out to Coba. Be there by 11, be done in time for a later lunch (several restaurants in the ruins area) and you can stop at several places on the way home--the monkey sanctuary, cenotes, shopping at places along the road, etc.

4. Re: Coba & Tulum transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16