We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club in Tulum

Mercedes, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Club in Tulum

We are planning a day trip to tulum to see the ruins and to sepnd some time at the Tulum area beach....

I noticed that Ziggys gets very good reviews but it seems high to spend $25 per person minimum to use the facilities....any other great beach club type places that you can just go ala carte and still have access to beach...

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

WOW! Is that was Ziggy's advertises now? Depending on time of year, I'm sure (& am hoping) this is not always the case. Granted I haven't been my last 3 trips down over the last year but I can tell you my last trip there was in no way $25 pp. A cubeta of beers, some chips & salsa & we are golden. Last time was $15us for the beers….HIt Playa Pescadores at the north end (ruins side) for a bucket, nachos & facilities for $160 pesos plus tip.

Mentioned in this post
Ziggy's
Ziggy's
1,265 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

If you purchase food and drink the beds are free - at least they were for us when we were there in December. Plus, their food is awesome!! Especially love the Tuna nachos!!! YUM

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

I doubt they'd be super strict on the $25 pp thing since that's a new thing, especially if they're not super busy--but if you have a couple of cocktails over the course of the day plus lunch, I'm thinking $25 would be pretty easy to hit if you're there all day. If you don't drink alcohol, a bit more difficult to reach, but the licuados (smoothies) are delicious and add up on the bill as well.

I think Om still allows people to use their chairs if they eat/drink, no minimum, but who knows--if Ziggy's has implemented that kind of minimum, others may quickly follow suit.

If you don't need chairs/umbrellas, you can plop yourself down on a towel pretty much anywhere. The beaches in Mexico are technically public up to a certain point above the high tide line.

The north beach, which is where Gal4 pointed you to Playa Pescadores, has larger stretches of public beach, easy to see with people on towels.

Mentioned in this post
Ziggy's
Ziggy's
1,265 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Playa Pescadores
Playa Pescadores
68 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

OM charged us last year when we visited, they wanted $20pp but my friend talked them down to 150 pesos pp. They do apply it to your food and drink and their pizza was really good (seldom eat pizza in Mexico).

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,982 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

If beach access is what you want, then you don't have to go to any beach clubs. As mentioned by others, the beaches are public. If want is a place to eat and drink and use the restroom, then any beach bar or restaurant will do - no need for a specific beach club. A lot of people will arrive in Tulum, stop someplace on the beach for a drink and a snack, then continue on through to the beach. If you want to use sun loungers, showers, etc., then you need an actual beach club.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,959 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

Here is my Tulum Beach Club Crawl which gives maps, suggestions, the websites of most beach clubs

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5170…

Here is a great updated list of favourite beach clubs from a great local web site

I enjoy OM, Ziggy's and Playa Azul

http://www.sac-be.com/2014_beach_club.shtml

Mentioned in this post
Ziggy's
Ziggy's
1,265 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

160 PESOS for the bucket & nachos! can't edit

8. Re: Beach Club in Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:15