We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware of cab drivers

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
beware of cab drivers

cab drivers of late when ask to drive to jolly harbour/castaways are taking people to the nest beach. once there they pretend like this is where you wanted to go. then after the half hour confusion they try to convince you this is the better place to be even though you booked a tour in jolly harbour. they then went on to try to tell us the same tour can be done there. after a frustrating day we got back to the cruise ship and found out this is common. what gives??

Antigua
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware of cab drivers

hadn't heard this before but it doesn't surprise me. Please if anyone has names of plate numbers of these cab drivers post them here. I will take the info to the transport board.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beware of cab drivers

never thought of taking down information. was so frustrated with the whole incedent. was just glad when it was over. if we end up on antigua again we will be more aware of where we are going and put less trust in cab driver. lesson learned.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beware of cab drivers

That sounds like a very unpleasant experience! Hopefully people on this board can begin to share names and contact information for reliable cab drivers therefore planning can be done in advance to prevent this negative and somewhat unnerving experiences! I hope you return to Antigua...I hope you have a great and positive experience!

4. Re: beware of cab drivers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 10:18