We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful Beach

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful Beach

Morning

We travel to CocoBay in two weeks, this being my second visit to the island.

I know we're spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches but can anyone reccommend a beach we can jump in a taxi to which will be relatively quiet, clear blue sea and white sand?

We will do a couple of exersions (although we have done most before) and wouldn't mind having a morning at a gorgeous quiet beach, not too far from Cocobay (although Taxi is no problem).

Cheers!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful Beach

You have the main Ffryes beach right next door (and within walking distance), as well as a couple of lovely quiet beaches on either side - Darkwood is just to the South, followed by Turners, which is particularly quiet at it's northern (nearer for you) end, and Valley Church is the next beach to the North. None of these have resorts on them, and other than on cruise ship days will be very quiet, other than at weekends, when there may be a few local families spending time there.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 10:48
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful Beach

Just the info I was looking for, thank you!

Which is your fav'?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful Beach

I love Darkwood - it's a gorgeous beach with a great local (and pretty rustic) beach bar.

I also like Turners by whatever Gibsons is called now.

A spot with a beach bar is always a good choice as you can get a cold drink or snack when you want one, and they'll have loos you can use!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful Beach

Thank you!

We will try Darkwood for a morning, no pressure..

;-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful Beach

It is a beautiful beach for sure, you won't be disappointed.

Mike in Tulsa

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful Beach

Some of Antigua's beautiful beaches.

travelaol.yuku.com/topic/2252/Antigua-Beaches

Regards

Mark

7. Re: Beautiful Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:19