We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Antigua

3 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Antigua

Can anyone tell me where the best shopping is in Antigua? Also how far is it from Sandals Resort?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Antigua

The best shopping is in the duty free area of St. John's. that would be Redcliffe and Heritage Quays. About 7 miutes away by cab from Sandals. You will need your travel documents and passports for any duty free purchases. So it would be best to take them along with you.

Regards

Mark.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Hi Lizzie, Hope you don't mind that I ask a passport/duty-free question on your thread!

Would a colour photocopy of our passports be sufficient for duty-free purchases in St. John's?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Antigua

I very much doubt it.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Thanks for the response!

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Antigua

make sure you bring your airline tickets too. They require that now

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Just to confirm, real passport and airline tickets are required. For cruise ship visitors, passports will usually be enough.

For the OP, don't expect any huge bargains or a thrilling shopping experience. Redcliffe Quay is the prettier place to shop, and has a couple of nice bars and restaurants (as well as amazing ice cream at Australian).

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in Antigua

We enjoyed the duty free shopping very much when we stayed at Sandals. Interestingly we found that the shop owners gave us MUCH better prices when they discovered we weren't on a cruise ship.

And unfortunately very few of us actually have airline tickets any more. We will have our itineraries, but we always end up printing out our boarding passes in the concierge office (or somewhere similar) the night before we leave. So hopefully that will suffice.

Seattle
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Is Discover credit card widely accepted?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Not as widely as they'd claim! Some places do take Discover, but I'd make sure you have a Visa or Mastercard as well.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping in Antigua

Thanks Mark for your reply.