We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Hi all,

We are going to stay there from June 7th for 2 weeks and whilst there I would live to see a Marlin being caught or even more get to go out and have a go... While we are there I believe there is a fishing festival from the 10th to the 12th, does anyone know where that will take place? Also does any know if there are any fishing tors local to the Verandha resort.

Many thanks

hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Hi. I see you didn't get any responses to your request for advice on fishing at Verandah Resort. Did you fish when you where there? We are going in early December and I'm hoping to fish on a charter, but also from the beach if I can. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Hi not sure if sillybait is still around but we stayed at the verandah in May and can't say we saw anyone fishing locally.

There may have been fishing charters going out from antigua somewhere - your rep or the hotel will advise you when you arrive.

Or you could always send an email to the verandah direct. We did with a couple of requests and they got back to us pretty quick.

You can snorkel from the main beach and there's plenty of fish especially near the rocks. We even saw a barracuda.

Would return to the verandah in a heart beat.....

hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing by the Verandah Resort

Anytime. Enjoy the verandah it's a beautiful place.

5. Re: Fishing by the Verandah Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:21