We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

It seems that VA are now flying A330-300 aircraft between LGW and ANU. My parents fly out on November and both their outbound and return are A330, we fly out in Dec and we're the same.

Not sure if it matters or not but we like to uprade to the "bubble" on the 747's - not anymore!

London
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

I am flying out in November too and noticed that it was an A330-300 as well. I was most disappointed as I usually reserve seats in the bubble too!

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
704 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

Planes are smaller but offer more upper and premium economy seating and one extra flight a week so more choice/flexibility on dates- and more fuel efficient so good for the environment too - and the clincher for me - all flights will be direct so no messing about flying to Barbados on the way to London any more .

London
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

JabberwockyNick, when you put it like that, and its better for the environment, then it's better. Goodbye bubble but hello to arriving in Antigua sooner without the Barbados stop off!

Level Contributor
20 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

Yep noticed the same a while ago- much newer planes though. We are flying over for Christmas

Edited: 07 September 2013, 17:44
Yateley, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

We are flying out mid October and its a 747 .. flying back late October and its an Airbus ..

6. Re: For Those Interested (Virgin Atlantic)..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Antigua and Barbuda