We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galley Bay in late November

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Galley Bay in late November

I am looking for a last minute get away to Galley Bay in late November. Last year we were at another resort on the island and the water was so rough we were unable to snorkel more than a few times. Can anyone let me know what their November holiday experience has been at Valley Bay?

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galley Bay in late November

I am a strong supporter of Galley Bay but I have to say it is NOT a great snorkel experience. There is no reef across the bay and as such there are regular occasions when the surf can be quite daunting and that is in the spring and summer months!

You don't say where you were last year but the likliehood is that GB would be just as bad in similar weather conditions.

There are plenty of contributors better qualified than me who might point you in the right direction so..............

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galley Bay in late November

XRBC is right about the snorkeling at GB - there's nothing to see while snorkeling at the beach but sand and perhaps a few exposed rocks - how many depends on the sea conditions.

GB beach has a northwest exposure so it is prone to some swells but how wavy it will be at any given time is anyones guess. When we visited it was fairly calm some of the days and wavy on other days - what you'll get during your visit (should you go) is going to be up to Mother Nature.

3. Re: Galley Bay in late November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 06:36
Get answers to your questions about Antigua and Barbuda