We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals grande Antigua

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals grande Antigua

Wondering about Sandals in the med. walkout club level room.... First of all what is that and second, will it be good ? It's basically a standard room...After reading the reviews I not so sure. It almost seems if you go to sandals you have to get the best room with butler service or don't go? I've never been to a sandals so I don't know how it would be in a standard room.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals grande Antigua

that's what we've reserved for April. the nice thing about that room is it has a bigger balcony with actual loungers rather than chaires. This will be our 3rd trip to this resort in 3 years. Last year we had butler service because it was our anniversary but I don't find it's necessary.

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals grande Antigua

I was just worried about not getting a chair or not having some of the services? We've never been to a sandals so I'm not sure how the basic room class amenities would compare to a higher room class at another resort or hotel.... Or if sandals is better no matter which room class you have

Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals grande Antigua

I can only speak to Sandals Grande St Lucian and Sandals Grand Riviera. The bottom level room is just fine if you are self sufficient and dont care about being waited on hand and foot. Had the butler service in Ocho and found it unnecessary. We rarely called on our butlers to do anything for us besides making dinner reservations. I think we have settled in for "Club Level" simply because we the option to get a "One Bedroom Suite". Concierge desk will make dinner reservations over the phone. I also like having the booze in the room. Trekking off to the bar 15 times at midnight can be harmful to my health ":)"

Cheers!

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals grande Antigua

The room you are talking about is a very nice room and everything you need for amenities. Including in room booze. Butlers are nice but not necessary. We also didn't use ours much

5. Re: Sandals grande Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:17