We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

Hi,

A group of friends and I travelling along the garden route in early April. We've got 1 night in Mossel bay (to break up the journey from CT) and then have 3 more nights along the route. Should we stay in Knysna or Plett or both? I know there's lots of activities to do during the day, but is Knysna or Plett better for evening activites? Are there any places you'd recommend?

I've found most of the places in Knysna are out of town and struggling to find much accomodation near the centre. Where are the restaurants/bars based?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Knysna
Knysna
Western Cape, South Africa
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

Knysna - most of the restaurants in the Waterfront or Grey Street. The nearest place to stay is the Log Inn but I have never been to it. I have some friends who have and they said it was fine.

Mentioned in this post
Knysna
Knysna
Knysna
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

Knysna is a great base if you are staying on the Garden Route. You can visit Tsitsikama National Park, Natures Valley, Plettenberg Bay and Brenton-on-Sea - all within easy driving distances.

Most of the restaurants are at the Waterfront/Thesen Island and a couple are within a 10 minute drive.

As to where to stay, there are a number of lovely B&Bs and Guest Houses in Knysna and those within easy walking distance of town are located in the suburb of Paradise.

Mentioned in this post
Knysna
Knysna
Plettenberg Bay
Plettenberg Bay
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

I can recommend an evening meal meal at Phantom Eco Lodge also

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

Knysna would definitely be my choice. We stayed at the Guineafowl lodge B&B, a lovely place, only a few minutes walk to the centre of town, the breakfast was wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Knysna
Knysna
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

you can stay smack in the middle -)

check out tsala treetop lodge or the country house. in knysna you could try the turbine hotel. Plett has a nice + more accessible beach ...

6. Re: Knysna or Plett for a group of friends?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:18