We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What safari deals is anyone aware of??

West Midlands
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What safari deals is anyone aware of??

Hi folks, we arrive in Cape Town on the 12th Feb for a month and will wish to incorporate 3 nights or so at a game reserve.

We have noticed a few offers for instance Shamwari are offering half price if you book within 7 days of your stay. This seems odd as it encourages one to not book in advance.

Question I have is does anyone know of or has had experience of any good offers that are about at this time?

Manly, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

Hi,

My husband and I will be visiting Cape town, Garden route and Madikwe Safari but will be arriving a couple of days before you. We found special deals with www.mtbeds.co.za and bushbreaks.co.za. Both sites have been recommended by other TA reviews. They also have non SA resident offer too.

I enquired with both but went with Chantal from www.mtbeds.co.za as they were quick to respond and their offers were cheaper.

Have fun planning!.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

If Shamwari is offering half price you should go for it, it's considered to be the best reserve in this area. When I visited I got a great deal via a travel agent in Knysna because it was booked within 2 days of our stay, so I see nothing wrong with that.

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

Hi there!

Just make sure that the deal is open to overseas residents - Often it only applies to SA citizens.

All the best,

Jacqui

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
807 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

Grab the Shamwari deal if you can - its fabulous!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

That is really useful info Guys.......thanks

6. Re: What safari deals is anyone aware of??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Garden Route