We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip in Sept (well, I'M doing the planning, he's just showing up) and I'm having some difficulty in deciding how I want to explore the garden route in a 3-4 day period. On the 26th f September we will be finishing up our Jo\berg portion and flying south to either Port Eliz or Knysna area. From there, I would like to head west and conclude our trip in Cape Town (where we will be departing for our intl flight). I am debating a self drive option but we are not accustomed to driving on the opposite side of the road and I want to alleviate any stress of having to navigate in unfamiliar territory. My max budget for a 3-4 day tour is R6000 pp. Can anyone recommend a good tour from these starting locations to CT? Particularly a relaxing tour with lots of wildlife, nature and wine? Thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

Hi RoxyMonoxide,

I wont fly into PE unless u want to do the Western Cape Safari. You can consideri flying into George from JoBerg and then drive to Knsyna.

Before going to CT- I will strongly suggest stopping at Franschhoek!!

Edited: 03 July 2014, 01:42
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

Thank you! What do you think about self drive vs guided tour?

Ontario, CAN
Level Contributor
487 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

I would reconsider a self drive option from Garden Route to Cape Town. It's just not that difficult, believe me, and the plus is that you're not starting at a difficult point (like getting out of Joburg!). Do some studying on-line before leaving on your trip and on arrival pick up a good road map. It's a lovely area, good roads, lots of sights to see - well marked, and when you get to Cape Town drop off the car right away and use the Hop On Hop Off (blue and red routes) to see the city. If you commute in the big city of TO you can drive in South Africa - piece of cake!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

Good point! Thanks!

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

I'm not sure if their route will meet your needs, but I highly recommend earthstompers.com. Flexible, affordable, small group garden route tours - traveled with them a couple of years ago and loved it.

6. Re: Garden Route Knysna to CT - tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Garden Route