We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

I am planning a trip from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth from September 28 - October 9. My current (vague) plan is Cape Town (3 nights) - Stellenbosch (1 night) - Hermanus (1 night) - Mossel Bay (1 night) - Knysna (2 nights) - Jeffreys Bay (2 nights) - Port Elizabeth.

I notice that it seems like a lot of the accomodation is booking up already and it seems like it might be a SA school holiday that week. Would you recommend booking accomodation in advance or is it possible to book last minute so that we can be flexible.

Also if you have any suggestions on the itinerary it would be much appreciated!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,273 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

I like to book early to ensure I get to stay at my preferred accommodation. If you're seeing things booking up now you may find yourself scrambling a bit later on. Weather is starting to get better about then so the area may be getting busier.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

The October school holiday this year is the week of 6-10 October. So people will typically head off on the 3rd or 4th and return home on the 12th. Which, as you say, cuts across most of your time here. While it isn't the main holiday period by any means, I would think enough people take a break to make it advisable for you to book.

3. Re: Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 15:30
Edited: 26 January 2017, 15:30
4. Re: Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 15:30
5. Re: Do I need to book Garden Route hotels in advance in October?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Garden Route