We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary please

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary please

Hey there ! we are in our honeymoon - traveling to SA and Kenya ... We planned to spend 10 days in SA in October - would really appreciate ANY feedback on the itinerary and of course any recommendations - we want to spend 4 days in Capetown and the next 5 traveling through the Garden Route.

Where do you recommend to stop on the way ?

our thought were -

1. Hermanus

2 Mossel Bay

3. wilderness

4/ flattenberg Bay or Stroms River

5. storms river or Jeffery's Bay...

any input would be so welcomed!!

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary please

I would skip Mossel Bay, instead include a Day in the Winelands, eventuell in YouTube dont drink, the scenery is great. Storms River Mouth is one of my favorite places in SA.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 14:31
Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary please

I meant to write,even if you don't drink, the Winelands offer an amazing scenery. I hate German auto correction.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary please

I would also skip Mossel Bay...why not add Oudtshoorn rather?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary please

3nights - Cape Town - sightseeing in the City via the Hop on Hop off bus, www.citysightseeing.co.za and also Cape Point with penguins and also Cape of Good Hope, etc.

1night - Wine Lands and overnight in Franschoek and explore the wine tram, www.winetram.co.za

1night - Hermanus - whale watching

1night - Oudtshoorn - Cango Caves and Ostrich Farms

2night - Knysna - explore Knysna Heads, Knysna Lagoon, Plettenburg Bay and also Storms River Valley as well as Storms River Mouth, Bungy Jumping Bridge, etc

1night - Jeffreys Bay or Port Elizabeth for departure

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinerary please

did a similar itinerary. look at my review ??

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with itinerary please

thank you all!! took your advice. skipped Mossle bay altogether for Oudtshoorn ! thanks a million!!!

7. Re: Help with itinerary please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Garden Route