We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maeva Miramar

Toronto, Ontario
6 posts
Save Topic
Maeva Miramar

Can anyone tell me about the hotel and the golf course please?

Quality of food, etc.

Thanx

Barrie, Ontario...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Maeva Miramar

I'm with you, Beau, I can't find out anything about Tampico and the golf other than what my travel agent has. We are scheduled to go in mid January so it's going to be a complete surprise. I'll do a report when we get back.Jim

Mentioned in this post
Tampico
Tampico
Tamaulipas, Mexico
ET2
Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maeva Miramar

Did you see the 6 reviews under the hotel forum for Tampico? None say anything about the golf though--as I am also interested...would like to go there in February. Would apppreciate you posting again after you have been.Thanks, Elissa

Mentioned in this post
Tampico
Tampico
Tamaulipas, Mexico
ET2
Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maeva Miramar

Did you see the 6 review under the hotel forum for Tampico? None say anything about the golf though--as I am also interested...would like to go there in February. Would apppreciate you posting again after you have been.Elissa

Mentioned in this post
Tampico
Tampico
Tamaulipas, Mexico
Toronto, ON
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Maeva Miramar

Have reservations for Dec. 24-31. Son (28) is a golfer and a professional chef, so will fill in a post when we return. Have been to 3 other all-inclusives in the past year, Punta Cana (Grad Flamenco), Cuba (Superclubs) and Cancun (Caribbean Village), so will have something to compare with. Will write a detailed report on golf and quality of food.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Maeva Miramar

I live here in Tampico (from Canada though), and if your looking for beautiful beaches, just go further south - it's warmer too! Here in Tampico, it's very humid all year round and usually very HOT, but it's not that pleasent of a beach during the winter months. Club Maeva (the Hotel) is quite nice itself, and there are a few minor attractions (clubs and restaurants), but the area isn't a major tourist attraction. There's a very large fuel refinery not far from the beach as well as a busy port - you can walk/drive out on to the pier, but it's still very simple and not so much to look at. If you have time to add it to your adventures, you can make it fun, but Mexico is big and there's lots to see - so look around! 2 cents.....Micah

Mentioned in this post
Tampico
Tampico
Tamaulipas, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Ottawa, ON
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maeva Miramar

The only review that I have found about the golf course is here:http://www.worldgolf.com/course-reviews/mexico/lagunas-miralta-golf-club.htm Given the date of this review, I suppose that the club house should be built by now. Would appreciate some tips if you are travelling before Jan 05 - My trip is booked for mid-january 2005. Have played in courses in Varadero Cuba, Punta Cana DR and Loreto MX.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Ottawa, ON
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maeva Miramar

The only review that I have found about the golf course is here:

worldgolf.com/course-reviews/mexico/lagunas-…

Given the date of this review, I suppose that the club house should be built by now. Would appreciate some tips if you are travelling before Jan 05 - My trip is booked for mid-january 2005. Have played in courses in Varadero Cuba, Punta Cana DR and Loreto MX.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Niagara Falls, Cda
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Maeva Miramar

Found the Web Site for the Golf Course, Laguanas de Miralta.

Not a easy find, but I hope this helps everyone.

www.maevamiramar.com.mx

It gives you the hole layouts. You can down load the video.

Haven't been yet, will be there over Christmas, will let you know about the food.

Enjoy.

Anna

Toronto ON
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Maeva Miramar

I have spoken with people who have been about 4 years ago. The golf course was great, hotel and food fairly good. One fellow visited twice because of the golf. I'm going on his word - hope it is as good this year!!

Toronto, Ontario
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maeva Miramar

Lady Golfer,

I have recently heard from people who were there about 4 years ago and said essentially the same thing. Back 9 was not finished but should be mature by now.

When are going?

Beau

Get answers to your questions about Tampico