We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

We will be in SMA for a week this summer. Our accomodations do not have a pool. I am bringing my nephew with us and he would love to go swimming I am sure. Are there any public pools or hotels that have pools which would let you swim if you have lunch or drinks at their restaurant? Thank you

toronto
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

We swam several times at Posada de la Aldea on Ancha San Antonio .. it cost 40 pesos each. It's a smallish pool but well maintained and not crowded at all. I don't think they give you a break if you eat or drink there but not positive.

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

Thank you Canchick. Is that the hotel that is close to the Instituto Allende? If so, it wouldn't be too far from where we are staying. Thats great. I would also like to join a gym while we are there. Any suggestions?

toronto
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

That's the one...pretty much across from the Instituto and down a little bit...it was fine. There is a gym on Sterling Dickinson in the Kike plaza ( about 3 blocks from the Ancha)..if you're not far from Instituto, you wouldn't be far from the gym. We looked at it and the people there are very accomodating..I think you can do day, week or month passes. Pretty basic gym but I think that's the norm in SMA. If you're in that area, the Italian restaurant - Capicho Italiano at Orizaba and 20 de Enero is really nice and inexpensive..a small clean courtyard with great pizza.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

One more place we looked at to swim was the Hotel at the corner of the Ancha and Sterling Dickinson - I can't recall the name of it. I think they told us that if you had lunch there, you could swim for free. It was a very nice hotel and pool - you might want to check into that. Perhaps someone here on the boards can tell you the name of the hotel.

Charottetown, PEI
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

The Hotel on the corner of Ancha San Antonio and Sterling Dickinson is the Real de Minas. Very nice pool and grounds.

Helen

6. Re: Public pools or hotels that allow you to use their pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 19:17