We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
portland, oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

Yes, I know, this is way ahead of time, but we're football fans and will be in SMA on the big day 2/3. We're staying at a B&B without a TV. Anyone know of a good place to watch the game? I think it will be on NBC.

Thanks!

Mare

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

Hi, Mare,

I'm not a football fan, but I do know that there are several bar/restaurants in town with big TVs and they'll most probably put ads in the local paper, Atencion. I do know that Harry's on Hidalgo broadcasts the game.

portland, oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

Thank you, Sashabob!

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

American football is very popular in Mexico. The Super Bowl is always in one of the open TV stations (Televisa or Tv Azteca) and it'll be available in almost every bar or restaurant with a TV.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

I would consider Manolo's Sports Bar in Casa Payo (a good Parrilla Argentina) Zacateros #26 @ Pila Seca.

Also, Tues is BYOB (wine) night. - no corkage.

M

toronto
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

I'm interested in the BYOB concept! Why would a bar want you to do this? Do you have to spend a minimum $$ on food? How does t his work and what other places in town let you BYOB? Thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

cc,

On Tuesdays, no wine BYOB charges at Casa Payo as far as I know.

Have not been there in a while. Food is good imhpo.

Romano's will wave corkage if you share (at least for us).

Also, Gloria Espino needs donations, so perhaps a deal.

M

7. Re: Super Bowl Sunday in SMA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende