We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viages

Gilbert, Arizona
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende
Level Contributor
270 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Viages

over the last few months I have seen ups and downs about Viages San Miguel.

My wife and I have normallyt used a driver to get us from BJX to SMdA. We would like to try Viages.

Will they do door to door in SMdA or do you need to get to a location?

Also, when we return home, we generally end up on early morning flights from BJX. Is Viages reliable for pickups on time?

Thanks

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Viages

Hola Stopperback, my experience with Viajes is so recent I'll put in my two pesos. On 25th March Viajes picked me and a friend up at 5am at BJX. They took us each to our separate destinations in Centro SMA. The fare was $30u.s. each.

I went into the office on Sollano to book our return three weeks later. Our flight was departing BJX at 6am. A disinterested young woman said the earliest we could take the shuttle was 4am. This wasn't ok. A young man at the next desk said we could go in their private car for $85.

Last year they picked me up at BJX at 5am, and for my return picked me up at my door at 9am ish - about ten minutes late. I wasn't concerned because I reconfirmed the day before.

For this year's return we hired the nephew of a friend, of a friend. If he hadn't been happy to have the job I would have contacted one of the other companies recommended on this forum.

hope this helped, mariados

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viages

Have had only one problem quite a while ago, but I missed my BJX flt on AA and had to buy a ticket on DL.

They did comp 2 house guests RT BJX-SMdA-BJX after that disaster.

No problem in Nov, but I have been flying in/out of MEX this year.

Plan to use them again in July/Aug.

M

Gilbert, Arizona
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende
Level Contributor
270 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viages

Thanks, Mariados and Mikemo.

We are going to try them in a couple of weeks. Our home is out of town a few miles and we were concerned with the pickup/dropoff part of the whole thing.

Stopperback

toronto
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viages

At the end of March, they said they would pick us up between 2am-2:30am for our 6am flight out of BJX. They got to our place at 3:30am...we were a little anxious because they had to pick up another couple and the driver had a hard time finding their place. We did get to the airport on time.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viages

cc, we usually get a 03:45 pick up for a >06:00 BJX flt.

Still plenty of time as we have to wake the INM guy up to process our visas.

The 45 min drive to QRO ($25, pesos/day parking) sure beats BJX for short trips out of here.

M

arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Viages

On March 25, I was picked up in col. Mexiquito at 2:30 am. There were 3 other stops on the way out of town then on to the airport. Not a single problem. In fact, I've never has a problem with them.

Donna

7. Re: Viages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 09:17