We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Dropping Flights

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Dropping Flights

We all read everyday of all the chaos and woes of the airline industry. After Mike's remark about Delta dropping flights to BJX and QRO I took my head out of the sand and called Delta.

First I checked my itinerary for Oct.for the 90th time. They still had me on flights that do not exist and had me on two hour misconnects through MEX for my return. After many machinations they switched me entirely to CO. Of course this cost me another 5000 ff miles which I did not hesitate to pay. Since I was already ticketed and paid for it doesnot seem right that I would have to pay more, but I will not sweat the small stuff.

Now I am worried that CO may drop their IAH-BJX and IAH-QRO routes as well. I may have to move there to insure that I will be able to get my Mexican Fix in the furture. Why not? Everything here has changed and not for the better.

Thanks for the extra push Mike, if I had waited these CO seats may have been gone. Thanks also for helping "wanna bes" to feel like a part of the Bajia.

See Y'all in October,

Rumba

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

CO announced cuts in June and they do not include BJX or QRO. Not that that doesn't mean they might not cut in future. However, BJX seems pretty secure to me: there are several flights a day and it's a business hub, as is QRO increasingly.

Anyway, what's wrong with flying in to MEX? There's a bigger choice of flights, many of them direct, it's nearly always quite a bit cheaper and hardly difficult to get to SMA from there!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

The route IAH-QRO is always full when I take it and a friend flies it at least once a month and says the same so it doesn't seem logical that CO will cancel the route. Still "logic" and "airlines" don't always go together.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

DL's ATL nonstops to/from both QRO and BJX are gone: DL will still allow FF mile trips on CO (for min 35K) to/from BJX, but not QRO as of this AM.

AA has recently opened up tons of 25K FF seats in Sept/Oct to BJX LGA.

World class crazy times in which we live.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

Hola Steve,

It took a house guest whom you know less than 5 minutes to clear Immigration and Customs in QRO on 3 July.

Took me 2.5 hours in T2 in MEX on 18 April.

Never more than 10 or 12 minutes at the old T1 at MEX.

M

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

As long as 5 minutes? The plane must have been full :))

Atlanta
Level Contributor
610 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

Mikemo, We are in SMA and have numerous friends flying in-out on the direct DL flight over the next few weeks. Can you please post the DL toll free number we can call from SMA to sort this out. I have friends leaving on that flight Thursday and others arriving from ATL. Thanks, Skidaddle

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

SteveM,

Claro, but nearly drowning getting there 1.5 hours late on 3 July, was no was really no fun at all.

Otherwise, Love COLONIAL QRO, and BHAJI!!!!!!

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

skidad,

I would not spend a microsecond on a tel line with DELTA!

The execs we know would not answer your calls, but if you need the platinum in lines, we may help.

I have NO personal influence, but mi sweet anciana gets us world wide upgrades with a 3 min call, go figure?

M

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

skidaddle - I believe the Delta flights are still going until August so your friends are probably OK.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
610 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta Dropping Flights

I talked to a Delta representative last night and she said that as of August 18 the direct flights from ATL to BJX were being discontinued. It is such a pity. A three hour direct flight certainly beat the Houston route. So sorry for all those who have made plans. Skidaddle

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende