We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Restaurant on Sollano

toronto
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
The Restaurant on Sollano

Is it really THAT great?? How much for a group of 4 to dine? How much do they charge to cork a bottle of wine you bring? Is that a "cheaper" way to go rather than buying it with your meal? What kind of menu? Any info please?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

Hola cc,

The corkage is $130, pesos per botella, but the food and service are great enough to justify bringing something special from your cava.

Their wine list is expensive, but has many very unusual wines - I know more than a few and seems all are 3-4X retail (i.e. the Uruguay Tannat).

Their appetizers are really world class: crab cakes; ravioli, etc.

The Summer entrees were better, so select those with caution now.

Buen provecho!

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

Prices are up significantly!

Corkage was $160, MXN tonight.

The Duck breast was $230, pesos, but worth every centavo.

I can FAX the current menu if you send me an e-mail.

M

Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

Mike et al.,

I knew it was too good to be true. It is worth double what we paid when with you in October. There were at least 5 waiters tending to us, plus visits from the management. Also loved Tacos Don Felix for a truly Mexican meal.

Rumba

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

The '86 Ch Pichon-Lalande was amazing with dinner last PM at Sollano # 16!

As much as we love www.TacosDonFelix, you might want to revisit Salvadore's Casa de los Milagros at Reloj # 17.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

Went to Don Felix last night: he too has raised his prices significantly.

M

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

Restaurant at Sollano 16 was fine, but I wouldn't rave about it. Have pretty much forgotten what I ate there a few nights ago. Expensive, decent, but I wouldn't bother going again.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

My problem with Sollanos is the intrusive amplified live music. The musicians themselves are OK but it's not conducive to a relaxed evening and good conversation.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

I have never been there when live music was intrusive, but six of us are going tonight with some interesting wines - all Syrah - '97 Jamet Cote Rotie; a couple from Paso Robles, CA, etc.

Hope they have the wonderful Duck Breast rather than the way awful Duck Confit!

Who eats that? Not me for several decades.

Buen provecho.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

OOOPs, They overbooked last night and when I called to add another couple to our table for four, they did not have our reservation, but finally found it under patrick vs. patricia at 6:00 PM instead of the (still too early for me) 7:00 PM Pat requested.

They admitted the booking error, and explained it on being way overbooked.

Needless to say, we went elsewhere (had a near great meal at Nirvana).

I would recommend reconfirming any future reservations at The Restaurant (more than once).

M

10. Re: The Restaurant on Sollano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende