We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romanos?

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Romanos?

We'll be returning to San Miguel in less than two weeks, and we've been looking forward to our annual Romano's visit. But I haven't seen any mentions of this restaurant on TA for a while. Can anyone tell me if it's still there?

Thanks,

Sally

Gilbert, Arizona
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende
Level Contributor
259 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romanos?

It is absolutely still there.

We were there in October and we have a reservation for Christmas Eve with our 3 children and two grandchildren.

David and crew are wonderful hosts.

SB

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romanos?

Oh thank goodness! And thank you for your swift reply, now we can relax and plan all our other meals - the shrimp at Hecho en Mexico, tacos pastor at Ten Ten Pie, fajitas at Ole Ole, etc. etc.

And there are some new places to explore as well. We can't wait!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romanos?

Hmmm....we've only had the salads at Hecho - do tell about the shrimp??

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romanos?

We're pretty sure it's on the menu as Shrimp Three Ways. All three ways were delicious.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romanos?

It's still on the menu. There is an entree of coconut shrimp and an apetiser called Shrimp three ways - Coconut shrinp and two other ways that I don't remember.

Heco has droped a couple of things from their menu though. They usued to have a ham & cheese stuffed chicken breast that is no longer there. I guess I was the only one that liked it.

Barba Roja

www.SMAmap.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romanos?

Just back from SMA and I had fried shrimp the other night at Hecho en Mexico and it was great!

Also had a wonderful rooftop dinner with my family the Saturday after Thanksgiving at Romano's and the food and the weather were wonderful.

Try the new rooftop restaurant on the Jardin for lunch. It's the same owners and menu as the restaurant in the center of Fabrica Aurora, but this one not only has great food but an amazing view.

It's a bit hard to find the stairway up. Best to locate the women who sell the dried flowers under cover on the Jardin (near the bank) and then look for the outdoor, ground level menu. The stairway is steep but worth the climb.

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romanos?

We're here in San Miguel right nowl Glad you liked your shrimp, and we'll try to find the rooftop restaurant. I know where the dried flower ladies are.

Haven't been here before in December - pretty chilly!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romanos?

Probably Rest LaPosada on Cuna de Allende.

M

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romanos?

Thanks Mikemo, we're on our way down to the Jardin any minute and plan to check it out.

Sherman Oaks CA
Level Contributor
257 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romanos?

I think it's Cafe del Portal. The entrance is indeed opposite the ladies with the dried flower arrangements, it's upstairs, and the sign says "vista terrace".