We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guadalajara to San Miguel

toronto
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Guadalajara to San Miguel

We are goint to stop over for a couple of nights in Guadalajara on our way from Mazatlan to SMA. The Guadalajara site is pretty sketchy so I'm hoping someone here might have some info? Any hotel suggestions in centro? Is there a direct bus from Guadalajara to San Miguel or do we have to change somewhere? Ditto if you know that info from Mazatlan to Guadalajara?

Mentioned in this post
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guadalajara to San Miguel

I would never, ever stay in Gdl!

More insane than MEX.

I have previously posted my travel tips from GDL to SMdA!

M

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guadalajara to San Miguel

Hotel Morales is a good central choice. It was renovated a couple of years back but still has a colonial feel to it. You will find plenty to enjoy in mexico's 2nd city.

ETN and Primera Plus both have several buses a day to San Miguel: it takes about 5 hours.

seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guadalajara to San Miguel

+ 1 on the Hotel Morales, a beautiful colonial style building. It's a short walk to the Plaza Tapatia with lots to see, do and eat. I have been going to Guadalajara for over 30 years and never get tired of the place.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Tapatia
Plaza Tapatia
102 Reviews
Guadalajara, Mexico
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
4. Re: Guadalajara to San Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:22