We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature range in February

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature range in February

We're visiting San Miguel de Allende in mid February next year and wonder what the temperature ranges will be like then. Does it get warm during the day at all? And how cold are the nights? Can anyone help?

Erieville
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature range in February

Candelaria Day, Feb. 2nd, is the unofficial beginning of spring, after which it's thought safe to plant like crazy. Even so, I've heard from longtime residents that there have been hard frosts days or even weeks after Feb. 2nd. In my 25-year experience, mid-February temps are lovely: not too hot during the day and not too cold early morning or late at night. By that time, we're usually eating comida and/or dinner outside. To be on the safe side, plan on dressing in layers and bringing lots of sunblock.

kaks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature range in February

Thank you. Sounds not dissimilar to the Australian climate. What a relief!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature range in February

I don't think I have ever had the fireplaces heating in February.

M

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature range in February

For more than 10 years we rented a home for the month of February. Seems to us it got cooler, so we changed to mid-February to mid-March. This year that was perfect weather! We still turned on the heater in the early morning for about 5 days, but after that, it was wonderful. I'd stick to mid-February. In early Feb. we have bought sweaters in the market!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature range in February

I think a lot has to do with the house you're in! We have rented lovely homes that are freezing right thru Feb. - we have to have a heater on every morning and at night. But usually we find the same as above poster..we put the heater on in the bathroom in the morning for the first week or so in Feb. The daytime temps are glorious.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature range in February

That said, we had the fireplaces on twice in late Oct, and 3 times in Nov.

Almost unheard of.

Bit warmer now.

Thanks, Al Goof.

Ciao.

M

7. Re: Temperature range in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende