We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to San Miguel

key west fl
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
airport to San Miguel

Believe Leon is nearest airport and need info on best transportation to San Miguel....thank you

SMAride
Taxis & Shuttles
TransportArte
Taxis & Shuttles
Transportes Turisticos Quallitur
Cultural Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to San Miguel

In the search box just above your post type in "airport transportation" or any variation of that. There is a huge volume of information about transportation businesses who provide this service.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to San Miguel

Also, if you look at the top right above your post you will see "How do I get from the airport to San Miguel". Just click on that.

Leon is indeed the closest airport, but fares can be higher and it may not be any quicker than flying to Mexico City and then taking the bus. Depends on where you are flying from: MIA-MEX is nonstop for example and takes 3 hours. MIA-BJX involves transit and takes about 9 hours. Bear in mind the bus takes less than 4 hours and is very comfortable and safe.

Edited: 10 December 2009, 14:46
toronto
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to San Miguel

Also check flights into Queretero...Continental flies there. Last year our flight was cheaper into Queretero than Leon and I think that airport is actually closer to SMA.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to San Miguel

It appears that the Super Shuttle is a good option, here's an earlier post I found. Does anyone have a web site for the other companty, Veijas San Miguel? ( I probably don't have that spelled right)

Because, one of the most F.A.Q.s is about transportation between BJX/Leon and SMA, I'm giving this recommendation. (& because this part of travel is always stressful for me)

I returned last Fri from SMA. I used Super Shuttle to travel to and from BJX, as did my daughter, separately. They were waiting at the airport (if your flight is delayed they wait for you to arrive), and we were picked up promptly at our lodgings to return.

Rate is $24u.s.

Vehicles were all clean and in excellent condition.

The website: http://sanmiguelsupershuttle.com/ is easy and convenient.

The office is centrally located at Jesus 11, at the back of the courtyard of Cafe La Parroquia & La Brasserie.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to San Miguel

The whole point of FAQs is so that information does not have to be repeated over and over again. Sadly, someone or something removed the links to the shuttle services in the How Do I Get to SM? FAQ. I will reinstate them. Anyone is free to modify these FAQs as they think fit. There have been many previous threads about the relevant merits of the Supershuttle and Viajes San Miguel services. The consensus seems to be that a little bit of competition has not done any harm.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to San Miguel

Thanks for updating the FAQ. Frankly, I didn't find that informationi there to be all that useful (tickets are already booked to Leon) and what I really wanted was more details on the Super Shuttle and other services, like actually how they works, how to book, cost, etc.

7. Re: airport to San Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende