We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
637 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

I am not finding many recent recommendations.

We like atmospheric places. The type of food doesn't matter.

We would also like to know the "reputable" restaurants. That doesn't mean stuffy or sanitized---just ones where people have had good experiences.

We are open to all price ranges.

Thanks so much

Mary

1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 June 2010, 01:47
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

My daughter was in SMA during January and while I wish I could remember tall the places she ate, I know she said that Ole-Ole was authentic and good for fajitas.

3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 June 2010, 01:47
Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Is Romano's still in business on Hernando Macias? We are going to SMA on Monday and are hoping to eat there again. When we were last in SMA in 2007, we really enjoyed their reasonably priced Italian food in a cozy atmosphere.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Romano's is closed. There are lots of new places, and lots of the old favorites!

Gilbert, Arizona
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende
Level Contributor
247 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

David closed Romano's over a year ago. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else has opened there.

For the orignal post, try Jackie's San Antonio............good food, good atmosphere.

SB

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Gail's Club on Montitlan in Balcones is great!'

$200, peso Prix Fix and a $60, peso corkage fee per bottle of wine!

Reservations are mandatory - open Fri and Sun.

M

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
824 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations

I seldom get good steak even in the most expensive restaurants in Mexico, yet recently I ate at La Paya and had one of the best steaks (lomo) I have eaten in sometime. Music by a female guitarist was delightful and the rarity of a phone brought to your table so you could inform the family back in the states of your wonderful discovery, compliments of the house. I think you'll love the steaks here.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Tarheel is talking about Casa Payo on Zacateros. Really good food, good music, fun bar. A blog has described the music http://dondayinsma.xanga.com/

A fun thing to do is to go in the bar for 2x1 margaritas. They'll give you a telephone to make calls to the US! Call your kids and tell them you miss them!

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recommendations

We just got back from San Miguel and our favourite restaurants were Mare Nostrum on Umaran who had excellent Italian food, but it much less expensive than other places. We also enjoyed the sandwich/salad place called Media Naranja on the corner of Hidalgo and Calzada de la Luz (super fresh and delicious). Le Crepe on Hospicio has a beautiful courtyard patio and delicious crepes at a very reasonable price.

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende