We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glassware in carry on?

Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Glassware in carry on?

We bought some lovely mexican shot glasses and were wondering what your experiences were in taking glass items through check in screeners in Mexico city..

I went to the TSA website and they mention everything but glass?

If I have to I can put them in check and risk breakage but I've seen the way baggage handler throw the bags aroung (Yeah i know I'd probably do that if I handled luggage all day too) I assume it's the airport screeners and not the airline that sees what's in carry on but.....

1. Re: Glassware in carry on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 June 2010, 17:42
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glassware in carry on?

I brought glass; cans (of Marzano tomatoes and unsweet coconut milk ) back last week.

No problema!

M

Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glassware in carry on?

Mikemo: to clarify...these were in your carry on?

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glassware in carry on?

I just got back last week with glass iand other fragile souvenirs n my carry-on and had no problem at Mex or Montreal.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glassware in carry on?

On several trips I have carried large and small glasses onto the airplane. Once I carried 3ight large wine glasses. No problem.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glassware in carry on?

We had friends last month both bring home wine glasses - one of them purchased 16 (!!) , and packed almost all of them in her carry on suitcase. No problem. The other one also carried them in carry on and she had to "unwrap" a couple of them when they checked the carry on but they had no issues with them. We brought back shot glasses in a backpack a few weeks ago and no problem - no questions asked.

Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glassware in carry on?

Thanks to all for posts...you were right- they didn't even look at the glassware!

However they did look at me after a complete pat down and got the medical personnel to give me a complete checkover with swabs? Everyhting worked out ok as I heard them explain me away as les musculos tonificados......It appears my weight training and resulting "toned muscles" resembled "swollen glands" and a possible viral case.

Giggle........

8. Re: Glassware in carry on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:15