We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
help

I have 2 pressing issues:

First- I forgot my earplugs...not the dogs, not the roosters,not the bells but my thunderous lous snoring husband...I check mega and they dont have them,,Where would anyone suggest?

Second which gym...the newer one by mega or the one on Dterling Dickinson? I just need weight training machines.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
106 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help

You can find little ear plugs at any Farmacia, like the Farmacia Guadalajara on Ancha de San Antonio, across from Hecho en Mexico (and next to Blockbusters). I prefer the gym behind Mega...very clean.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help

Earplugs: you need to ask for tapones para oidas.

Gym: I believe the gym on Sterling Dickinson has closed. If you can face the trek out to Mega, that's the most popular. But there is a small one in town with some machines. It{s just up from Plaza Civica I think (Sorry I am out of town at present and can't recall for sure)

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help

Thanks for your help I found foam ones at Guadaljara but the I seem not to be able to tolerate them. Last year I bought silicon ones that moulded to your ear but those are the kind I forgot...my hubbie who is an illustrator went to the art supply store and got a type of pliable material that is used to erase artists pencils. Wow, they work like a charm and I don't hear a sound! I called the gym on S.D. and they quoted rates but will do the trek too Mega and look at them FYI S.D. rates are 500p for 2 m and Mega gym 1800p for 2m ...I think maybe that says things at S.D. are not going well/

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help

Geez..hope the one on Sterling Dickinson doesn't close!! Mi esposo just paid 500 pesos for 2 months membership YESTERDAY!! It's 300 for one month or 60p for each visit...

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help

Went by there on Monday and half or more of the machines are gone. I asked Lito (who has been there forever where were all the machines and what was going on , he just kept saying "i don't know"....Last year 2 months were 800 P

( I found my old bill) So something is happening???? Now doing the trek to gym by Mega- New York Fitness and though way more money, it cleaner (the other one wasn't) and more machines than you could imagine.

6. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 22:16