We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for small table

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping for small table

Want a very small unique table to tuck into a corner in our house (12-14" dia./3-4' tall). Is this something I might find when I'm in SMA? Any suggested shops? Thx.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for small table

cc,

New/old? Wood/metal/stone/ceramic?

M

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for small table

new-made by local artisan?..probably wood or wood and stone/ceramic. not metal. something I can carry back.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping for small table

cc,

If you have a photo of one or more that you like that might be a place to start.

I would also look in "Aurora" for ideas, but most shop owners discourage taking photos.

La Casa de Los Arcangeles @ San Francisco #5 is owned by Giovanna Canela Miranda and her husband can reproduce anything you might want for reasonable cost (he did a dining room table from an antique door for me, and after I bought (elsewhere) an antique dining room chair, he reproduced five more and refurbished the original).

They are both very pleasant, but tend not to bargain.

Casa Cohen (Prod Hercos) on Reloj has some pine tables with stone insets, but they are pretty heavy and functional (like a coffee table for an outdoor sala) rather than decorative.

There are also a couple of wood shops at the SW dogleg end of Calle Hernandez Macias which might have something.

You might also want to ask www.vivasma.com and perhaps join the Yahoogroups civilsma3:

They are great for "finding" very specific items.M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping for small table

I posed the ? on civilsma3:

La Diligencia is one of the shops on HM (large turquoise double doors). The owner is Phyllis.

Like Los Arcangeles, they will make nearly anything.

M

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping for small table

Many thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
545 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping for small table

Mike,

Just for your info., la Diligencia on Hernandez Macias is owned by brothers Jose Guadalupe Hernandez and Enrique Hernandez. Phyllis is just the person in charge. The Hernandez brothers live in San Luis Potosi and travel the country looking for those beautiful things you see at their place in San Miguel. Now, Canchick might find the table he is looking for there or any of the otther places you have suggested yet - based on my personal experience - it is definitively going to be more expensive. The Hernandez brothers keeps another location on the way to Dolores Hidalgo wher many of the items are brought first to be properly conditioned. Prices are 1/3 of what you pay at their San Miguel location and are always negotiable.

PELUCH

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping for small table

As a nonshopper, I'm simply passing along the (unedited) info I received from civilsma3.

M

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende