We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transtur Imperial service

Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
610 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Transtur Imperial service

We are visiting SMA for a month and are having friends join us at different time. I have negotiated a good price with Transtur Imperial for all the transportation to and from BJX. They would like for me to pay the entire amount when they pick up the first group. Is this a reliable service? Will we be okay to give them all the money up front? Thanks for anyone who has had service with Transtur Imperial.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transtur Imperial service

We considered using Transtur Imperial but didn't because we didn't want to pay them up front. Instead we used Turisticos Rodriguez and were glad we did. We were over 3 hrs. late arriving in Leon and didn't expect them to be there but when we arrived, there they were with our names on a sign -what a relief. Also we had a pick up for 4am and again they were there right on time. I'd probably pay the little extra and use them again.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transtur Imperial service

Hello, How would I find the number or email to Turisticos Rodriguez? Thank you Madelon Also do you know the price from Leon to SMA? 2 people round trip? Take care.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transtur Imperial service

I recall it was $25U.S. each way per person. Contact is:

Pedro - e-mail: turisticosrodriguez@yahoo.com.mx

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transtur Imperial service

We have used Pedro @ Turisticosrodriguez for years, but the last trip from/to BJX we used SM Magico as their $40. RT pp was too tempting.

No problems.

Actually, we just returned from NYC (via QRO): we drove to the QRO a/p: 45 min ($36. MXN toll each way, but free a/p parking).

M

at home
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transtur Imperial service

I always use T-I, (from BJX as well as QRO), and have booked them for friends as well -- one of whom had a 3 am pickup and the van was promptly at the door. Additionally, all arrangements have been RT/paid in full upon arrival (first leg), and there have not been any problems. Are you sure that they are asking for the full amount for everyone, regardless of whether they are or are not in your first group? Perhaps this significantly low price is why they want all the monies up front? Have you seen if other companies would match that price and, if so, what payment policy others require?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
610 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transtur Imperial service

Casaj, I am happy to hear of your experience. Yes, I have checked other services, and this is definitely the best price. I am feeling more confident about the up-front payment since we will be arriving first by ourselves, and we can go to their office to reconfirm before our friends' arrivals. We are also using T-I when we first arrive, so that's another good check to see if the service is reliable. Thanks for your reply!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transtur Imperial service

sd,

"Best price"? Did they beat the $40. US RT(BJX-SMdA) pp? If so, go for it as SO's family have used them and they are reliable (but get detailed receipts for all financial transactions and trips).

M

Atlanta
Level Contributor
610 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transtur Imperial service

Mikemo, Actually it is a slightly complicated transaction. For the two of us to travel one-way BJX-SMA, it is $23 each. For the four to travel BJX-SMA, then six back SMA-BJX it is $180, which makes those trips $18 each OW. I'm feeling better about the whole thing. I have detailed emails outlining exactly the cost and the reservation numbers, so I think I'm okay.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transtur Imperial service

sd,

You'll be fine.

Buen viaje.

M

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende