We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 Day Stay

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
11 Day Stay

We booked this vacation months ago hoping to combine some sightseeing with relaxation. We have checked into a cooking class and the sights in SMA to see. Will there be enough to do to hold our interest? Our hotel does not have a pool or AC. Will that be a problem, weather -wise?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 Day Stay

11 days just in SMA might be a bit much some depending on their interests. You can always do day trips to Guanajuato, Queretaro, Dolores Hidalgo, Pozos, etc. Weather-wise, you'll probably not need nor will miss having a pool as it is the rainy season. Now, that does not mean that it rains every or even all day, but it can be quite cool here in the summer. Right now its raining and about 69 F, 21 C. Forecast calls for low 20's all week with a chance for showers. But the sun pretty much is out for most of the day every day in spite of it being the rainy season.

Gulfport...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 Day Stay

I must be missing the dates, are you coming to SMA this month? If so then the weather report from the other poster somewhat accurate. I say somewhat because each day shows rain but yesterday very little and today none. It was brilliant sun and dry today - probably 75-80 degrees. Very few hotels/B&B's have ac here, you really don't need it. The warmest months are Apr/May before the afternoon rains start.

I live here for 3 months a year and never get bored so I guess to me 11 days is fine. You can take some tours to the ruins, Dolores Hidalgo (where they make beautiful pottery), the hot springs, etc. Pick up a copy of the Atencion newspaper (out on Fridays) when you arrive and the Calendar section will be full of things to do. Again, I can't seem to find your dates but if you are coming in the next two week there are some major events - a film festival and a chamber music festival.

Enjoy!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 Day Stay

Hello Vucci.

We have been spending a month each year in San Miguel de Allende and have never

been bored. It is a well located city that offers many opportunities unique to the community.

We always recommend to our friends that they try a traditional Mexican cooking class with "Marilau". She

offers professional yet accessible, small group, and hands-on classes. http://mexican-cooking-school.com

For our first trips to Queretaro and Guanajuato we hired guide Antonio Gomez for an informative and

relaxing way to get acquainted with these great places. (Never had to deal with traffic, tunnels, or maps and learned so much about the history of the region.) antoniogomezh@yahoo.com.mx phone: 011-52- 1-415-151-3611

You might like to try a very tasty breakfast or brunch at the lovely B and B "Posada Corazon", near the Jardin at Aldama 9. (phone 52. (415) 152.0182 )

We can recommend an arts and craft experience with Rebecca Peterson at her studio in the Colonia San Antonio neighborhood. We took her three hour "Nicho" class where we decorated tin boxes while learning about this traditional art including ways to express ourselves through this project. She is very personable, talented and requires no previous art experience from her students. We had a great time. (windowstothesoulrebeccapeterson.blogspot.com)

Often we walk over to Parc Juarez with a good book where we walk the paths, read, and people watch. Exercise classes are offered in the park several mornings a week.

Even though this is mentioned often by posters on this site it is still missed by some visitors: the chance to see films in an intimate setting at the "Pocket Theatre Petit" on Hernadez Macias 95. Your ticket includes popcorn and an alchoholic or non alcoholic drink! Very cool. sanmigueldeallendeevents.com/petit/index.php

Have a wonderful time in a wonderful place!

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 Day Stay

Thank you so much. Your reply was so helpful!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 Day Stay

We also spend 3 months in the winter in SMA and are never bored! Festivals, music, plays, great restaurants, the jardin for people watching, day trips to the hot springs, Dolores etc. Poking in the shops, day at Shanti's, check out the mask museum, walk the different neighbourhoods, Tuesday market, Organic Market on Saturday, biblioteca for little plays etc. The reason we come back year after year! Have a great time!

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 Day Stay

Thank you. It sounds like we will have a marvelous time and I am excited to get there!

7. Re: 11 Day Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 07:19