We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Miguel de Allende Wedding

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
San Miguel de Allende Wedding

Greetings!

I am in the middle of planning my wedding in SMA in March 2014! I already have an amazing & wonderful wedding planner and I am just looking for a few more suggestions/ideas/tips:

1. safety traveling to SMA? (as some of my guests are concerned)

2. Transportation suggestions from airport to SMA?

3. Best places for family/friends to stay while in SMA?

Mostly looking for small B&Bs or houses to stay at. I already have a few in mind - I just want to hear any personal opinions as I haven't been to San Miguel in years and will not be going back until this winter.

4. What is the weather like in mid-late March?

5. Activities for my family/friends while in SMA, it will be mostly everyone's first time there!

Thank you soo much in advance!

Any tips, advice - would be greatly appreciated!!!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

Glorai,

Not sure when your wedding is but I found a beautiful house in SMA for rent on airbnb.com. They have some beautiful properties and even some pools. I've always had good luck with airbnb.

Prairieville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

Premier San Miguel has the most beautiful houses. I attended a rehearsal dinner an Casa San Miguel. Beautiful! And would LOVE to stay there. We used Rodriguez Transportation from Queretaro.

There are no safety issues in San Miguel. Good luck! And much happiness.

Prairieville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

Premier San Miguel has the most beautiful houses. I attended a rehearsal dinner an Casa San Miguel. Beautiful! And would LOVE to stay there. We used Rodriguez Transportation from Queretaro.

There are no safety issues in San Miguel. Good luck! And much happiness.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

As far as transportation from airports for your guests take a look at this Bajiogo site. It is often mentioned as a good resource. http://bajiogoshuttle.com

We use "Vacation Home San Miguel" for our yearly rental. Their homes are lovely and can accommodate several guests. The patios/verandas would be great for family get-togethers during the wedding visit. vacation-homes-san-miguel.com/searchrentals.…

We have used "HomeAway" for rentals as well and have been very happy with the results. Be sure to chat in person with the renters before forwarding any downpayment, etc.

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r8032

Check out this tripadvisor site: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g151932-s1/San-Miguel… for general information, trip reports, activities, transportation, etc. So many of your questions will be answered and then be sure to return to this site for more help.

And please report back here to let us learn from your experiences!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

You might get more responses from the Yahoo Group - Civil List...there is a lot of activity and usually helpful advice.

Check out this fabulous place - not sure how many it would hold but the two women who own it certainly do things up right!!

http://gustosgatheringgrounds.org - Look under "private events"

Edited: 28 July 2013, 21:09
6. Re: San Miguel de Allende Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:15