We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Could someone who knows the climate in SMA tell me if I should be looking for a hotel with air conditioning in early August? I see the average high is only 26C, which isn't too bad, but I have seen some comments that makes me think it could get a fair bit hotter than that.

Most of the inns don't seem to have ac and my husband has a hard time sleeping when it is too hot. Antigua Capilla looks great, but again it doesn't seem to have ac.

We are really looking forward to our trip to San Miguel. Thank you in advance for your response.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

No one I know has ac in San Miguel. The hottest time of year is usually May and early June, before the rain, and even then it cools down at night. A fan is sometimes needed if there is no breeze but ac never.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 15:02
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Some 15 years back on our first trip to SMA, in August, we were pleasantly surprised how cool it was, if not downright chilly at times at night. But then we were used to high the heat and humidity of the Midwest in the states. Very pleasant.

Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Dear Happy Travels,

For sure have air conditioning. August will have some rainy afternoons. Couple that with some

high temps in the afternoon and why not have a cool siesta. Granted it won't be like some of our own warm cities but several nice places have a/c so why not? Las Terrazas has a/c as well as everything else you could ever want. Your going to love it. Buen viaje!!, Rumba

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

happened to see my friend, Rumba's recommendation for Las Terrazas B&B. i thought "i'll have a look at the website" & i used the link in her post. but, it is to a restaurant of the same name - & unrelated. I knew what she meant because i visited her at the B&B once & it is beautiful. so i Googled for the correct link:http://www.terrazassanmiguel.com

(hope you don't mind me jumping in here amiga but, i know you meant to share the B&B)

Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Thank you everybody for your advice and for taking the time the time to respond to my post.

It's good to know that we have the option of going without air conditioning. We're from Toronto so we are used to hot and humid summer weather like the Midwest.

Thank you Rumba and Maria for the recommendation on the B&B. I'll check it out!

Can't wait for our trip to SMA.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Respectfully disagree with Rumba. You do not need a/c. The exception would be for white noise, and for that a fan would suffice, or if your room didn't have a window. And most hotels have fans available. Take it from those of us that live here full time. Average highs in August hover around 76-78 F. Hardly oppressive. San Miguel may very well have some of the world's best weather.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

I absolutely agree with the above. People should not be encouraged to use ac when it's not needed, in these times of climate change. Besides, Mexico has some of the highest electricity prices in the world. It was warm last night in San Miguel, and little breeze. I put on my ceiling fan when I went to bed, but woke up feeling chilly at 5am!

Sanibel, Florida
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

Muchas Gracias por todo!

Rumba

9. Re: Do we need to find a hotel with air conditioning in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende