We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BJX airport to SMA

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
BJX airport to SMA

I will be flying into BJX and going to San Miguel. The hotel I'll be staying at wants $75 plus tip each way for transfer. Is there a cheaper alternative that is not too inconvenient?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BJX airport to SMA

The least expensive currently is www.viajessanmiguel.com

e-mail info@viajessanmiguel.com

They charge $20. US each way.

We have used them last Mon; Wed; twice on Thurs, and will again tomorrow.

M

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BJX airport to SMA

Thanks, Mikemo. From scanning these pages I know how helpful you have been. If you regularly use this service, they must be reliable.

And since they are from SMA, I assume they will know our hotel, Casa Luna. Is viajessanmiguel a taxi service, van, limo? Can I email them in English?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BJX airport to SMA

When you make on line reservations, simply tell them how many persons and how much luggage, in addtion to the airline, flt # and arrival/departure times.

They will provide the most comfortable van, SUV, etc.

M

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BJX airport to SMA

Thanks again!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BJX airport to SMA

I am using this company to transport us from Mexico City to SMA - it is $100 U.S. for two of us one way. Do we pay in U.S. dollars to the driver or pesos? What would be a reasonable tip for two of us?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BJX airport to SMA

cc,

You have the option of getting the Primera Plus first class bus yourself from MEX (at the ap) to Qro. for $220. (about $20.US) pp and taking a taxi (for 2, 3 or 4 if not too much luggage) for about $30. US from Qro. bus station to your lodging in SMdA.

Most of the shuttle services put you on the PP bus at MEX and meet you at bus station in Qro. with a van or SUV.

You can buy the PP bus tickets up to 2 weeks prior on their website: www.primeraplus.com.mx

If you have two or more bags pp, I would tip up to 10%.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BJX airport to SMA

The shuttle services will usually take pesos or dollars. We have paid in both currencies.

The bus co and taxis want pesos.

This AM's interbank rate is nearly $11.1/$1. There are several ATMs

at MEX.

M

8. Re: BJX airport to SMA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 21:19