We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Alegre

North Carolina
7 posts
Save Topic
Casa Alegre

Hola> Has anyone stayed here or know about these rentals. We would like to know the street address, how far it is to the Jardin, the Institute on San Antonio, and also would it be a flat walking area.

Thank You

San Miguel de...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Alegre

M&J-

Are you considering just one rental--Casa Alegre--or a number of rentals? Also, there are many houses with similar names. I am certain that people on this forum would be happy to respond if they know the answers to your questions, ans what houses you are interested in. However, I would think that the rental agent or the owners (if you found the listing on VRBO or another 'for rent by owner' site) would be more than happy to anwser your questions as well.

North Carolina
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Alegre

Hola again to better clarify my information says that Casa Alegre is in the "Ojo de Agua" area and looks out on the Plaza del Sol gated community but I can't get a street address to locate it on my map. It is suspose to be close to the Juarez Plaza. I would like to know if anyone knows the property? It seems to be an apartment. Thank You

toronto
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Alegre

Let me know if you're referring to VRBO 50027. I know it used to be called Casa Alegre and it's in Ojo de Aqua. If it's the same place, we stayed there this year.

North Carolina
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Alegre

Yes that is the Place VRBO 50027. How was it? And thanks for replying..

toronto
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Alegre

We stayed there for 3 weeks in Feb/March this year. It was a lovely place - Mikemo very graciously went to have a look at it before we rented it and will vouch for how nice the apt. was. It's a gorgeous home and the owners live upstairs. The (new) apt. is downstairs through your own separate entrance at the front - two locked doors before getting into apt. It's gated property and we felt very safe. The place was kept spotless by the housekeeper who came in twice a week. We spent a lot of time outside on the patio, reading etc. It's quite shady on the top patio with more sun on the "bottom" patio where the sofas/chairs are. We only rented the downstairs so didn't get any of the views that you would have from the upstairs bedroom. The bed was comfy and the bedroom was large. Lots of closet space. The bathroom is wonderful. The "outer bathroom" has double sinks with the closets along the back wall. Thru another door is the toilet, another sink and a wonderful huge walk in shower. Kitchen had everything we needed. We were very comfortable for the 3 weeks we were there. The owners were not at all intrusive and the grounds were really nice. Not a lot of noise - although there was a roof dog living next door who did bark but it is San Miguel after all!

Now for the only downside to the rental for us. It is 3/4 of the way up a very steep hill which is the street, Ojo de Aqua. We're in our late 50's, early 60's and my husband is very fit. I managed to walk up that hill twice and it damned near killed me both times! Very steep getting down too. Once we got to the bottom of the hill, it was about a 10 min. walk to the Parque and another 10 to centro I think. Once you're at the bottom of the hill, you're about 15 -20 mins. to Instituto I would say. We found those walks very pleasant . But we did have to take a taxi home every day - thankfully only 20 pesos each time. Any more questions I can answer, fire away. We really liked the place, the landlord etc. and were very comfortable.

North Carolina
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Alegre

Thank You very much for the info. I am 68 and am running from the orthopedic surgeon as we speak ( he wants to give me a new knee) we were there last Feb. as well and the hills gave me fits so I would have to pass on this property. I have heard of Mikmo from other people do you know how we can get in touch with him? Again thank you for your kind reply. Mike & Judy

toronto
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Alegre

I hear you..my husband is waiting to get on knee replacement list but he's fighting it all the way!

When are you going to be in SMA? Perhaps we could meet for a drink? We'll be there Feb and March.

Mike's e-mail address has appeared on here before so I feel ok putting it out there again - it's

amoniotmd@yahoo.com

I think he's away right now. He is a wealth of info and as I mentioned, he very kindly went to see the place we were thinking of renting and reported back. He was right on in his assessment. I think he's done the same for others here too.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Alegre

Lo siento, as we have been away for nearly 3 weeks: we are in the airport in SCL awaiting the flight to MEX.

Fortunately, we do Ambien in business and sleep 8+ hours.

Hasta mañana.

M

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Alegre

Remember that near Ojo de Agua, there is the libramiento del caracol and trailers keep on passing at late hours, 3 am, 4 am, be aware of that! If you don t mind noise, go on!!

10. Re: Casa Alegre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:30