We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Hi,

We're planning on only 1 afternoon/evening in 'town' and we'll be doing the tequila tasting at Panchos, but for dinner before that - what would be a great place to go for excellent food and atmosphere?

I was thinking of Puerta Vieja - seems to get good reviews from TA people.

Would this be close to Pancho's to walk?

Thanks,

Patuli

Douglas, Georgia
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Eat at Pancho's while you're there. Pancho's is our new favorite restaurant in Cabo. The red snapper with red chile sauce and the grilled pork ribs from the mesquite grill are excellent. Why go someplace else?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

I agree, go ahead and eat at Pancho's first. Their food is excellent! We make it a point to eat there every time we are in Cabo.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Well, that will be convenient, won't it! Thanks for the recommendation for Pancho's - wasn't sure how the food would be, and now, looking forward to it.

Patuli

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

...and although an excellent place Puerto Vieja is located several miles from Panchos. Way to far to walk!

Pig Dog

The Farm
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Where is the best bar to taste tequila?

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Pancho's, they have over 400 different types.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,018 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

While I don't happen to drink, I would definitely do the tasting at Pancho's if I did, and their food is very good!!!!!!!! Then you can pop into Magic of the Moon for a fantastic new outfit.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Thanks everyone, our day is planned, and magic of the moon makes the list.

Does anyone know if you can buy the tequila's at Pancho's, and what is the rule for bringing liquer back to the States?

Patuli

Douglas, Georgia
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

I don't know if Pancho's sells their tequila, but you won't have any trouble finding a liquor store. I bought my tequila from the bar in Todos Santos and my damiana at a liquor store just down Marina blvd. from Cabo Wabo. Here is the legalese from the www.mexperience.com website:

What you can bring back home from Mexico:

Customs allowances into your home country will depend on where you live.

If you are planning to do a lot of shopping in Mexico, you should check at the information desk at (air)port of departure in your home country for the latest duty-free allowances. Most goods classed as art and craft works is free of import taxes and you can bring as much home as you like. Check with your local tax authorities for details.

Returning to Britain or other EU Member country, for example, the following items are allowed in duty-free: the amounts are typical of allowances in most industrialized countries.

200 Cigarettes

50 Cigars or 250g of Tobacco

2 Liters of wine

1 Liter of Spirits (>22% alcohol by volume)

60cl of perfume

In addition to the above: 500 Euros (or equivalent). If you go over this limit, duty and tax is payable on the WHOLE AMOUNT not just the sum above 500 Euros.

Rates and amounts vary by country/trading block - check with the information desk at your port of departure for the latest details in your home country

I brought back one bottle of El Capricho Tequila and one bottle of Damiana. This was not exactly per the above specs, but if any agent asked (which they didn't) I was prepared to tell them, Damiana was a wine.

The Mexperience website has lots of info other than entry and exit requirements.

USA/Tennessee
Level Contributor
323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which restaurant before tequila tasting?

Just a reminder. Liquids have to be packed in your checked luggage or they will take it away.